Sales Account Executive - Buffalo
Sales | Buffalo, NY | Full Time
Hearst Digital Marketing Services is looking for digital savvy, highly motivated sales professionals to join our advertising team in Buffalo, NY selling our marketing solutions to local small businesses (SMBs). Our ideal candidate will be goal oriented, is a relentless hunter, driving to win new businesses, and has a track record of exceeding monthly goals. If you are passionate about selling, have an interest in digital advertising, and possess excellent presentation and closing skills - then we’d love to talk to you!
Digital Media Sales Executives maximize advertising sales potential, through the development of quality business relationships and promotion of new/existing advertising products. This position requires a heavy amount of prospecting and lead-development with small businesses. Our consultants will be part of a regional sales team, with each rep focused on a specific geographic territory. We pride ourselves on simplifying the marketing process for our customers, while helping advertisers track the impact of their campaigns and understand their advertising options. In short, we help our customers grow their business.
Essential Duties include:
• Generating new leads by making cold calls, calling on inactive accounts, and maintaining an awareness of new businesses opening in the area
• Understanding the clients’ advertising needs, and develop the ideal marketing solution for them
• Delivering customized sales presentations in person, or by phone/web-demos
• Attending weekly sales meetings as required
• Be a driving force in the success of the company’s goals by achieving your individual monthly sales quota
• Be the face of Hearst and LocalEdge and ensure a superior customer experience
• Bachelor’s degree, preferrably in Business, Marketing, or Communication
• At least 1 year experience in B2B sales
• At least 1 year experience cold calling
• Exceptional written, verbal, phone and presentation skills
• Strong computer skills (Salesforce.com a plus!
What’s in it for you?
• Paid classroom training & a great plan to get your pipeline ramped up and get you to goal quickly
• Attractive Base Salary & Uncapped Monthly Commissions, plus bonus!
• Medical and Dental Coverage
• Paid time off
• 401K with company match
Hearst DMS (Digital Marketing Services) is a 700-person team focused on expanding Hearst Newspapers digital advertising operation into the local business community. We are sales people, marketers, artists, optimizers, technologists, product managers, and more, who share a common ambition – to better local businesses and ourselves through hard work and passion for the products we deliver as a team.
Careers That Grow
We are proud to offer a workplace that propels your career forward. We know the importance of attracting and retaining great talent so we strive to continually nurture the growth of our employees. Here you'll have opportunities to learn from the best and the brightest, explore your professional interests, and take part in specialized training sessions that take your skills to the next level.
Culture That Rewards
A good culture is hard to find. The best are organic with some support and direction from leadership. Our support comes in the form of six ingredients we look for in new hires and instill in our existing team. We think big. We work hard. We have fun. We value ideas. We speak up. We deliver results.
Benefits That Support
We offer some world-class benefits to all our employees. Things like medical, dental, and vision coverage. Short and long-term disability. Life insurance. 401k retirement planning. Paid vacations, holidays, and excused absences that are flexible around your schedule. Our benefits package is one more reason why many of our team members have been with us for decades