DIGITAL SALES SPECIALIST
Sales | San Antonio, TX | Full Time
DIGITAL SALES SPECIALIST
San Antonio, TX
“We must be alarmingly enterprising and startlingly original. We must be honest and fearless. And we must spark a revolution.”
- William Randolph Hearst, 1887
As the voice of South Texas since 1865 providing news and information to over 1 million people, the San Antonio Express-News is able to offer our advertisers a robust suite of digital and print products to help them achieve their business objectives. We work closely with our advertisers to navigate new marketing strategies in today’s increasingly complex digital environment. We use our rich history and data to deliver the most impactful media campaigns for our customers. And, we leverage our substantial audience reach, coupled with best in class advertising solutions to keep our customers brand in front of the right people at the right time!
Why are we different? Our people! Our company is diverse and filled with smart, passionate people who want to win. We also celebrate success and know how to have fun. We offer an upbeat and collaborative working environment and expect our people to challenge the norm. With an abundance of opportunity to learn news things and develop the skills that are vital to your success, we expect our people to move up through the organization fast!
As a Digital Sales Specialist, you can expect the following:
- Drive digital product sales for assigned sales teams.
- Be the Digital Media Guru with a solid understanding of Digital Media, Marketing and Advertising.
- Ability to conduct sales calls with SMB owners.
- Be in the field and on sales calls with Account Executives, leading by example, in order to demonstrate and coach them on how to sell our various digital products using the current and evolving sales process.
- Consult and educate Account Executives and clients in Digital Advertising and Marketing.
- Assist sales and marketing in promoting the entire line of digital products.
- Be charged with coordinating and conducting training for Sales Management and Account Executives in a classroom setting, as well as, one on one.
- Develop coaching plans and track results through sales management team.
- Identify trends, quantify impact, and communicate improvement opportunities to the product team
- Primary source of sales pitch and strategy development and implementation for digital products.
- Highly knowledgeable with digital media. SEO, SEM, Digital Advertising.
- Confidence in pitching and closing business.
- Strong focus on teamwork and ability to manage relationships across multiple departments
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Valid US drivers license and reliable transportation.
- A great work environment – it’s never boring here!
- Paid in-depth sales and product training.
- Competitive base salary, uncapped commissions for unlimited earning potential, and significant opportunity for advancement within the company
- Collaboration – ideas and input are always welcome
- Health, dental, 401k, paid time off – we have you covered
Hearst is a global media powerhouse including outlets such as; ESPN, A&E, Car and Driver, Esquire, “O” The Oprah Magazine, ELLE, Harper's BAZAAR, Cosmopolitan and many more. We enjoy being a select Google Premier Partner in addition to partnerships with Yahoo, Bing, Constant Contact, Facebook, Twitter and FourSquare. We are a leader in the growing $50+ Billion Internet Advertising Industry alongside the ever-changing local advertising ecosystem, and are committed to building an infrastructure to support the goals we are going to achieve to become THE Leader in local marketing.
Hearst is an EEO employer and performs pre-employment background checks.
Keywords: Business development, digital marketing, digital specialist, account management, outside sales, sales executive, account manager, sales representative, cold calling, lead management, lead generation, prospecting, territory management, sales closing.
Hearst DMS (Digital Marketing Services) is a 700-person team focused on expanding Hearst Newspapers digital advertising operation into the local business community. We are sales people, marketers, artists, optimizers, technologists, product managers, and more, who share a common ambition – to better local businesses and ourselves through hard work and passion for the products we deliver as a team.
Careers That Grow
We are proud to offer a workplace that propels your career forward. We know the importance of attracting and retaining great talent so we strive to continually nurture the growth of our employees. Here you'll have opportunities to learn from the best and the brightest, explore your professional interests, and take part in specialized training sessions that take your skills to the next level.
Culture That Rewards
A good culture is hard to find. The best are organic with some support and direction from leadership. Our support comes in the form of six ingredients we look for in new hires and instill in our existing team. We think big. We work hard. We have fun. We value ideas. We speak up. We deliver results.
Benefits That Support
We offer some world-class benefits to all our employees. Things like medical, dental, and vision coverage. Short and long-term disability. Life insurance. 401k retirement planning. Paid vacations, holidays, and excused absences that are flexible around your schedule. Our benefits package is one more reason why many of our team members have been with us for decades