Digital Sales Manager - Abilene, TX
Sales Management | Abilene, TX | Full Time
The Digital Sales Manager accountable for the execution of the Digital and Print sales plan in their geographic area of responsibility. Directs a team of Digital Account Executives ensuring that revenue retention, and new business development goals are achieved. Possesses the highest product and value proposition knowledge to develop their teams to high performance. Rides extensively with the team to assess market conditions and recommend actions to campaign plans. Follows the challenger sales model and has a hunger to win!
In this role, you will:
- Strives to achieve above the team's goal.
- Takes ownership of numbers and expects same of staff! Manages top performers to greater heights.
- Hires and develops a team of Digital Sales Representatives.
- Champions Salesforce.com adoption and models correct utilization.
- Knows their “numbers”, is always aware of performance to goal. Encourages and motivates team to do the same.
- Has a strong understanding of market competitors; develops strategies for selling effectively against the competition.
- Embeds coaching & feedback in everyday conversations with reps, making coaching a regular activity. Dedicates ample time to coaching top performers to further improve their skills, performance and build loyalty. Provides opportunities during Team Meetings for Best Practice Sharing and Learning and Development.
- Provides “on the job” training to address weaknesses as well as further develop skills and expertise. Recommends other appropriate formal training (internally with our Multi-Media Training Manager or externally) to develop skills.
- Leads by example and displays a “can do” attitude.
- Is able to work collaboratively with peers, senior management, and subordinates. Gains trust, support, and consensus of teammates for new ideas, etc.
What we look for?
- A 4-year business degree preferred.
- Minimum 2-5 years proven record of successfully leading in a goal-oriented, highly accountable environment.
- Exceptional coaching and leadership skills. Leading sales staff to achieve revenue goals and high performance.
- Expert knowledge of all facets of print and digital sales and marketing.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills and ability to promote and sell concepts to team and customers.
- Must have an in-depth knowledge to pull reports needed to ensure proper pacing of their team and the canvass.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
Here's what we have to offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive Health, Dental and Vision coverage
- Life Insurance
- 401(K) Saving Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Company Holidays
- Travel Reimbursement
Hearst DMS (Digital Marketing Services) is a 700-person team focused on expanding Hearst Newspapers digital advertising operation into the local business community. We are sales people, marketers, artists, optimizers, technologists, product managers, and more, who share a common ambition – to better local businesses and ourselves through hard work and passion for the products we deliver as a team.
Careers That Grow
We are proud to offer a workplace that propels your career forward. We know the importance of attracting and retaining great talent so we strive to continually nurture the growth of our employees. Here you'll have opportunities to learn from the best and the brightest, explore your professional interests, and take part in specialized training sessions that take your skills to the next level.
Culture That Rewards
A good culture is hard to find. The best are organic with some support and direction from leadership. Our support comes in the form of six ingredients we look for in new hires and instill in our existing team. We think big. We work hard. We have fun. We value ideas. We speak up. We deliver results.
Benefits That Support
We offer some world-class benefits to all our employees. Things like medical, dental, and vision coverage. Short and long-term disability. Life insurance. 401k retirement planning. Paid vacations, holidays, and excused absences that are flexible around your schedule.