Digital Account Executive - Houston Chronicle
Sales | Houston, TX | Full Time
“We must be alarmingly enterprising and startlingly original. We must be honest and fearless. And we must spark a revolution.”
- William Randolph Hearst, 1887
At Hearst, our employees are motivated to inform, inspire and provoke while being honest, relentless, fearless and startlingly original. In order to be successful in our mission, it’s important that we maintain a culture built on continuous learning, integrity, authenticity and innovation. We believe in helping our employees tell their own stories through professional development and boundless opportunity, and in return ensure they have a deep understanding of how their contributions help tell the story of one of the most celebrated media organizations in the world.
There has never been a more exciting time to join the Houston Chronicle. Our business is growing and transforming every day. Advertisers are partnering with us to help them navigate new marketing strategies in today’s increasingly complex digital environment. Simply put, the Houston Chronicle is a media company that uses its rich history and data to deliver the most impactful media campaigns for our customers. We leverage our substantial audience reach, coupled with best in class advertising solutions to keep our customer’s brand in front of the right people at the right time.
We are looking for someone that wants to HUNT for new business, that wants to CHALLENGE the status quo and wants to be the resource for all businesses!
As a Digital Account Executive, you can expect the following:
- Calling on local businesses to show the value of our suite of advertising products – everything from online display, SEO/SEM and Social Media Marketing, to weekly inserts and print advertisements.
- Execute sales tactics, implement marketing strategies and deliver effective sales presentations with passion, to consistently earn, retain and increase revenue.
- Become a valuable asset in the business community by boosting your clients’ businesses through multiple channels.
- Research, prospecting, marketing, cold-calling, presenting, and closing - You own the sales cycle, and have the support of your local account management team to aid in continued support after the sale!
- Bachelor's Degree
- 1- 3 years previous sales experience required.
- Results oriented individual who pursues business with energy and drive.
- Tech-savvy. Prior experience with or knowledge of on-line & digital marketing is a huge plus!
- Strong track record of successful sales practice.
- Valid US drivers license and reliable transportation.
- A great work environment – it’s never boring here!
- Paid in-depth sales and product training
- Competitive base salary, uncapped commissions for unlimited earning potential, and significant opportunity for advancement within the company
- Collaboration – ideas and input are always welcome
- Health, dental, 401k, paid time off – we have you covered
- President’s Club Achievement Award (you can win a free trip for you and a guest to a tropical location)