Customer Service Rep - Advertising Sales Support
Advertising | New Haven, CT | Full Time
Partner with Media Consultants and Customer Service Representatives by writing insertion orders, ensuring campaigns bill accurately and in accordance with current contract rates and monitoring individual order workflow to ensure that campaigns run as ordered.
- Provide administrative support for the assigned advertising team to ensure smooth workflow.
- Accurately complete all sections of required insertion order form and enter into the advertising order entry system.
- Submit order according to established deadlines
- Review insertion orders to ensure campaigns bill accurately.
- Coordinate ad trafficking through all departments.
- Maintain knowledge of advertising fundamentals, such as rates, copy guidelines and deadlines. Understand and adhere to advertising operational procedure.
- Provide courteous and efficient support to the team
- Review history and ensure customer has paid previous balances prior to accepting new ad orders.
- Research billing discrepancies at the request of the credit department or advertiser.
- Attend meetings as required
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma required, college degree preferred.
- Marketing/advertising training helpful.
- MS Office skills required.
- Possess high degree of business and personal integrity.
- Organized, efficient and able to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work cooperatively with coworkers and managers.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Good math skills and the ability to compute advertising price quotes.
- Good verbal and written communication skills including spelling, punctuation and grammar.
Hearst DMS (Digital Marketing Services) is a 700-person team focused on expanding Hearst Newspapers digital advertising operation into the local business community. We are sales people, marketers, artists, optimizers, technologists, product managers, and more, who share a common ambition – to better local businesses and ourselves through hard work and passion for the products we deliver as a team.
Careers That Grow
We are proud to offer a workplace that propels your career forward. We know the importance of attracting and retaining great talent so we strive to continually nurture the growth of our employees. Here you'll have opportunities to learn from the best and the brightest, explore your professional interests, and take part in specialized training sessions that take your skills to the next level.
Culture That Rewards
A good culture is hard to find. The best are organic with some support and direction from leadership. Our support comes in the form of six ingredients we look for in new hires and instill in our existing team. We think big. We work hard. We have fun. We value ideas. We speak up. We deliver results.
Benefits That Support
We offer some world-class benefits to all our employees. Things like medical, dental, and vision coverage. Short and long-term disability. Life insurance. 401k retirement planning. Paid vacations, holidays, and excused absences that are flexible around your schedule. Our benefits package is one more reason why many of our team members have been with us for decades