Account Manager - Advertising (New Haven, CT)
Customer Experience | New Haven, CT | Full Time
The basic function of this position is to provide account management, marketing solutions, sales support and act as daily point person for the clients represented by their team. To partner with the Media Consultants on their team to achieve overall revenue and digital revenue goals through the performance of /cover for the media consultants day-to-day duties, which include, outbound sales calls, research and presentation building, campaign optimization for existing clients, processing advertisements and backing up Sales Coordinators in writing insertion orders. The Account Manager is to develop and maintain quality business relationships with customers while responding to their needs and working cooperatively with advertising sales, creative services, distribution and the business office to ensure the accurate and timely placement of advertising orders and billing.
- Provide operational sales and advertiser support for the assigned sales team to achieve overall and digital revenue goals.
- Meet or exceed monthly sales goals for the assigned team, anticipating any challenges, and working with individual media consultants and advertising manager to determine strategies to overcome possible shortfalls.
- Conduct relations between the Connecticut Media Group and customers according to established protocol, maintaining integrity in all aspects of the business relationship.
- Work with customers by phone or in person to determine their advertising needs, matching needs with appropriate advertising products and pricing structure.
- Generate new leads by making cold calls, calling on inactive accounts, and maintaining an awareness of new businesses opening in the area.
- Serve as the media consultants’ support and backup personnel. Handle necessary workflow according to established deadlines in their absence.
- Work with the media consultants to plan, coordinate and execute advertising sales projects.
- Monitor and traffic advertising requests coming in to the team to ensure timely response. Keep the media consultants informed of potential sales opportunities.
- Procure reports and data for existing campaigns to be shared with clients on a monthly basis.
- Oversee clients’ advertising for accuracy and quality, and to ensure that their needs are met.
- Make creative suggestions related to advertising, when appropriate.
- Respond to all customer concerns in a timely manner.
- Be proactive in the event of errors and develop solutions to problems by contacting customers in a timely manner.
- Act as back-up to Sales Coordinators in the completion of required insertion orders.
- Assist media consultants with customer calls regarding advertising rates, ad placement, billing inquiries, schedule changes or ad layout.
- Gather and prepare market data for the media consultants in preparation for sales presentations.
- Maintain knowledge of advertising fundamentals, such as rates, copy guidelines and deadlines. Understand and adhere to advertising operational procedure.
- Provide courteous and efficient support to the team and efficient, top quality customer service to advertisers.
- High school diploma required, college degree preferred.
- Marketing/advertising training helpful. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required, experience using Salesforce and/or Mactive is preferred.
- Possess high degree of business and personal integrity. Must be customer service focused – will work with a high level of clients and customers daily.
- Organized, efficient and able to meet tight deadlines while multitasking.
- Ability to work cooperatively with customers, coworkers and managers.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Good math skills and the ability to compute advertising price quotes. Must be able to look at complex data within our market and decipher it.
- Good verbal and written communication skills including spelling, punctuation and grammar.
Hearst Media Services CT is an equal employment opportunity employer. It is the Company’s policy to not unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, creed, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, genetic information, homelessness, or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.