Engineering | Indianapolis or Remote | Full Time
At Healthx, we empower the healthcare experience, helping people live longer, healthier lives while lowering healthcare costs by keeping health plans, members, and providers connected. Our platform orchestrates the complex healthcare journey by delivering personalized experiences that drive cost savings and improve quality of care. With Healthx, engaged members are healthier members, and healthier members significantly reduce healthcare costs.
We are on a mission for good health, to revolutionize healthcare, and take the guesswork out of people proactively managing their own health. We are building some of the most innovative tech in the industry and are poised for significant growth. We are looking for innovative people with the passion and energy to join the cause.
What We Need:
A Software Engineer to collaboratively scope and implement solutions for project/Scrum team. Well versed in our processes including agile practices and ceremonies. Motivated to help define industry-leading, high-quality and innovative software. Proficient in all relevant technical skills, and a solid understanding of large portions of codebase. Those with additional experience will mentor more junior engineers and be comfortable communicating with technically diverse coworkers and clients.
What You'll Do:
- Focused on expanding experience and proficiency in our code base, with solid understanding of relevant areas.
- Scopes and implements project-level solutions with minimal guidance.
- Consistently follows best practices, able to defend technical decisions in code review feedback.
- Writes maintainable code.
- Provides helpful, timely code reviews.
- Writes engineering review proposals and contributes to technical design, thinking through failure cases.
- Participates in on-call rotation, as applicable to their domain.
- Understands how code fits into broader technical context.
- Debugs effectively within their primary area to help find root cause.
- Mastering ability to break down tasks, plan, estimate, and cut scope to ship on time. Prioritizes in alignment with company goals. Seeks learning through retrospectives.
- Engages with Product Management on feasibility of requested features, clarifying requirements where necessary.
- Seeks input from colleagues with area expertise.
- Detects problems in requirements.
- Effectively uses tools and dashboards. Instruments code for operations and monitoring.
- Takes ownership and can work autonomously on any development task within an application or service, delivering code on time and with a quality mindset.
- Seeks understanding of how users interact with product/service.
Collaboration & Communication:
- Collaborates professionally with teammates and peers.
- Communicates clearly at team and engineering events, escalating blockers quickly, clarifying requirements and sharing assumptions.
- Adapts their message for a diverse technical audience, choosing appropriate medium and providing context.
- Uses team meetings and 1:1s to raise and resolve issues.
- Seeks feedback to improve and receives it well.
- Gives timely, helpful feedback to peers.
- Proactively adds documentation to help others.
- Mentors more junior engineers.
- Finds ways to help teammates achieve their goals. Inspires teamwork.
- Participates in hiring and provides clear, timely feedback on candidates.
- Trusts teammates, assumes good intent, and able to disagree and commit.
- Exhibits a growth mindset with regard to feedback.
- Able to voice concerns in a constructive manner.
- Able to deliver their work despite inevitable distractions.
- A passion for writing software to solve complex problems
- Competency in full-stack development
- Demonstrated experience with C# / .NET / Visual Studio
- Working knowledge of AWS; knowledge of containers and EKS is a plus
- 2+ years of coding experience required
- Competency in web application development
- Strong relational database knowledge (SQL Server preferred)
- Knowledge of Apache Solr is a plus
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Excellent organization and problem-solving skills