Product Management | Indianapolis or Remote | Full Time
At Healthx, we put our nearly 20 years of industry experience and best practices to work to serve the needs of more than 200 healthcare payers representing 24 million members and 700,000 providers. We develop and implement secure, cloud-based member-centric digital portals that connect payers with members and providers. We partner with commercial health plans, third-party administrators, employers and brokers to build comprehensive, configurable solutions that improve clinical, operational and financial performance. Through our platform, our customers can close gaps in care, achieve regulatory compliance, improve quality ratings and reduce costs. Our customers achieve a rapid return on investment by moving more transactions from costly channels to efficient online portals. For more information, visit www.healthx.com.
As a Product Manager, you will manage enhancements to our Healthx products throughout the product development lifecycle. For new products, you will manage the product through definition, development, commercialization and launch.
- Act as the Agile Product Owner for assigned SCRUM team, leading backlog grooming, prioritizing user stories, and ensuring that user stories are ready for sprint planning.
- Collaborate with the Strategy team to negotiate scope options and define minimum viable product for large product investments.
- As part of release and roadmap planning, author Epic level product descriptions or enhancements and facilitate estimation activities with engineering.
- Author clear and concise user stories, including acceptance criteria, for new products, product enhancements and client requested development.
- In products requiring partner solution integration, collaborate with partner organizations to define Healthx integration requirements.
- Guide Professional Services organization on the development of user stories for client requested development.
- Collaborate with SCRUM team and other departments to forecast product release milestones as well as report status towards the milestones.
- Prioritize SCRUM team work against development capacity, client dates, SLAs and product release dates yielding software solutions that fulfill the client and market business needs.
- Author messaging & positioning documents, product solution diagrams, implementation process and sales training artifacts associated to assigned products.
- Collaborate with the UX team on personas and interaction design feedback.
- Review, test and sign-off on user stories completed for assigned products.
- Minimum of 2 years experience as an Agile Product Owner in a SCRUM team.
- Experience in the healthcare payer industry is required with a strong preference for knowledge of provider organizations and their interactions with healthcare payers.
- Minimum of 4 years experience in software development is required in a role of business analyst, systems analyst or other technical role that requires the understanding of technical concepts and communication with engineering.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Problem solving and analytical thinking
- Conceptual thinking for visualizing product direction and user experience
- Project management skills needed for development of product development plans and oversight of plan execution.
- Organized and responsive to both external and internal client issues
- Strong collaboration skills needed to remove barriers of product development plan execution.
- Good judgment and decision making skills
- Takes pride of ownership of assigned Healthx products.
- Flexible hours including work-at-home opportunities
- Participation in Healthx Employee Bonus Plan
- An excellent benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, life, disability and 401k benefits as well as paid time off and holidays