Product Management | Indianapolis or Remote | Full Time
At Healthx, we put our nearly 20 years of industry experience and best practices to work to serve the needs of more than 200 healthcare payers representing 24 million members and 700,000 providers. We develop and implement secure, cloud-based member-centric digital portals that connect payers with members and providers. We partner with commercial health plans, third-party administrators, employers and brokers to build comprehensive, configurable solutions that improve clinical, operational and financial performance. Through our platform, our customers can close gaps in care, achieve regulatory compliance, improve quality ratings and reduce costs. Our customers achieve a rapid return on investment by moving more transactions from costly channels to efficient online portals. For more information, visit www.healthx.com.
As a Product Manager, you will own the business and market success of assigned Healthx products and ensure that the development team is working on things that are the most valuable. You will orchestrate the sales, marketing, and services organizations to ensure each has a voice in determining product strategy and around the milestones of the roadmap. The Product Manager will be responsible for conception through launch, including strategy, business case, market requirements, feature definition, acceptance testing, commercialization, and ongoing product performance vs. business case. Also, you will be the foremost advocate for the product(s) both inside the company and with customers in the market.
- Lead others with your vision – internally and externally, be the voice of your products in industry and customer conversations.
- Establish product strategy and investment priorities. Be ready to explain not only what we are building but also why it is valuable and to whom.
- Aggregate market inputs from various sources, including healthcare industry trends, HCIT software market trends, competitive landscape, Healthx Advisory Board, end users, customers, and prospects.
- Create deep relationships with your target customers and prospects as the established expert for your products.
- Establish, refine and communicate through the business and to customers a shared understanding of the vision and roadmap for your products; ensure the prioritized backlog aligns to the roadmap plan.
- Lead business case analysis and development, leverage your deep product, end user, and customer knowledge to recommend new market opportunities, new solutions, and major enhancements to existing solutions.
- Support sales opportunities and RFP responses as required.
- Deliver solution training to Healthx Sales, Professional Services, and Customer Support teams.
- Collaborate with Product Marketing on go-to-market plan and creation of collateral and marketing content as required.
- Work side-by-side with engineering and UX leads to develop and test prototypes with target customers and end users to establish a Minimum Viable Product (MVP) that is both feasible and valuable.
- Work side-by-side with business unit personnel to insure seamless process integration for marketing, sales and support operations and to ensure the business is informed of the direction and status of the roadmap.
- Build deep understanding of our customers through the discovery process, translate insights into detailed product requirements, identify ambiguities, define clear acceptance criteria, prioritize tradeoffs, manage the backlog, and drive your development teams to deliver quality products.
- Act as the Agile Product Owner for assigned Scrum team, leading backlog grooming, prioritizing user stories, ensuring that user stories are ready for Sprint Planning, participate in Sprint Reviews and Retrospectives.
- Drive company “readiness” in advance of product release: collaborate across all Healthx departments to ensure on-time commercialization and market launch of enhancements and new solutions; track and communicate progress and status.
- Review, test and sign-off on user stories completed for assigned products.
- Develop a deep understanding of the business drivers of your products – profitability, pricing, services mix, sales channels, etc.
- Continuously monitor where your products are in their lifecycle and work holistically across the business to manage lifecycle events (end of life, new product launch, etc.)
- Work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Exercise judgment in selecting different problem-solving techniques.
- Measure and communicate success using Product Scorecard reflecting performance metrics, e.g. trailing quarterly bookings, units sold, win rate, delivery timing vs. plan, commercialization readiness, churn rate, product quality.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in an enterprise software product management role with responsibilities from conception through launch.
- Minimum of 2 years experience as an Agile Product Owner in a Scrum team.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in the healthcare payer industry is required.
- Prior experience creating business and financial cases for product investments is desired.
- Experience in Pragmatic Marketing is strongly preferred, adept at communication to sales, marketing, customers, and prospects and the commercialization of software.
- Problem solving and analytical thinking.
- Organized and responsive to both external and internal customer needs.
- Good business judgment and decision-making skills.
- Can-do attitude with a demonstrated ability to get things done under minimal supervision and drive results across cross functional teams.
- Adept at understanding and curious about new technologies, systems, and tools.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, solid presentation skills, and proven ability to run effective meetings; comfortable interacting at all levels of an organization, including the CEO and executive team.
- Not afraid of the details – need to be highly focused mitigating product development risk by ensuring that no rocks go unturned.
- Very strong interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to achieve results through influence.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required, MBA is a plus.
- Flexible hours including work-at-home opportunities
- Participation in Healthx Employee Bonus Plan
- An excellent benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, life, disability and 401k benefits as well as paid time off and holidays