IT System Administrator
IT | Indianapolis, IN
- Healthx is a technology company that was formed in 1995 to meet the unique portal needs of the healthcare industry by providing great web applications to meet those needs.
- Currently 23 million people have access to half a billion health records with Healthx via Web, SMS, phone, and fax.
- We consistently grow as a company while other companies flounder in tough times.
- Healthx is leading the health insurance industry into the new technology world of finding out the information you want, when you want to know it, and how you want to get it.
What we need:
We're seeking a System Administrator responsible for providing first tier technical support for internal end-users and customers. Responsibilities include monitoring the availability of hardware, software, and 24/7 website infrastructure. Duties include problem analysis, resolution, and escalation when hardware and software infrastructure resources are unavailable or performing unsatisfactorily and impacting business processes. This position will report to the IT Manager. Requires hands on troubleshooting support and experience in Windows 7 and Windows server 2003/2008.
- Installation and configuration of end-user applications
- Administration of Microsoft Exchange e-mail server
- Monitoring of server logs
- Monitoring security device logs
- Backup of system files and business data
- Maintaining system-related documentation, policies, and procedures
- Installation and configuration of servers and user workstations/laptops
- Configuration and management of network services (i.e. DNS, DHCP, IIS, etc.)
- Installing and managing network devices (hubs, switches)
- Adding users and Groups to network environment
- Setting permissions on network resources
- Troubleshooting network communication issues, network services, and end user network connectivity
- Troubleshooting server hardware and software issues
- Troubleshooting end-user application issues
- Upgrading server hardware and software (e.g., network card replacement, operating system service packs and updates, etc.)
- Upgrading end-user workstation hardware and software
- A passion for all things IT
- A minimum 3-5 years Microsoft Windows server experience (or equivalent)
- A willingness to learn and grow in a fast moving high demanding environment.
- Experience working with linux servers (debian is a plus)
- IDS experience, FTP server experience, PGP experience
- The opportunity to join a team that Data Specialists don’t leave once they are a part of it.
- An excellent benefit package that includes medical, dental, life, disability and 401k benefits as well as paid vacation and holidays.