Director, Project Management
Professional Services | Indianapolis, IN | Full Time
At Healthx, we put our nearly 20 years of industry experience and best practices to work to serve the needs of more than 200 healthcare payers representing 24 million members and 700,000 providers. We develop and implement secure, cloud-based member-centric digital portals that connect payers with members and providers. We partner with commercial health plans, third-party administrators, employers and brokers to build comprehensive, configurable solutions that improve clinical, operational and financial performance. Through our platform, our customers can close gaps in care, achieve regulatory compliance, improve quality ratings and reduce costs. Our customers achieve a rapid return on investment by moving more transactions from costly channels to efficient online portals. For more information, visit www.healthx.com.
What we need:
The Director, Project Management is responsible for providing leadership, management and oversight of the project management portfolio by supporting and enabling the organization’s projects, programs, and structured work activities. This individual will build and lead a Project Management Office (PMO) team accountable for improving the overall portfolio by developing guidelines, planning, scheduling, estimating, budgeting, costing and assessing risk. This position will ensure consistency with corporate strategy, consistency of process across projects and customer satisfaction across the organization. The Director, Project Management is responsible for coaching, growing and ensuring the team is productive.
- Work with available resources to accurately estimate and deliver New Logo & Existing Account implementation projects.
- Introduce substantial infrastructure into the current project delivery process, such as implementation milestone management, capacity optimization, and project risk management and control.
- Improve the effectiveness of our use of project software (project management tool selection and FinancialForce)
- Drive accountability for all project teams through a range of tracking tools and project review sessions both internally and with clients
- Meets regularly to lead client governance team reviews for strategic accounts with active projects
- Coaches and mentors project team members by defining responsibilities and expectations, setting individual goals and objectives, giving performance feedback, recognizing contributions, and encouraging training and development; regularly meeting one on one with team members
- Provide calm and clear direction, resolution, and risk management during crises
- Recruit, hire, and effectively train employees in support of our growth strategy; actively network to seek out new talent, and routinely interview candidates to add strength to the organization
- Participate in activities to stay abreast of Project Management best practices and procedures
- Establish and maintain a positive working relationship with all departments and levels of management within the company
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, business management or a related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- PMP Certification
- Agile PM methodology experience
- 5-10 years handling software project engagements
- Minimum of 5 years previous experience as a senior project or program manager with a proven delivery record of high profile projects
- >3 years of software vendor experience preferred
- Healthcare software industry experience a plus
- Proven understanding of work breakdown structures, critical path analysis and scenario based project scheduling to include budget and resource estimations
- Demonstrate strong management, supervision, and leadership ability
- Ability to influence at all levels of the organization
- Team player with a passion for building relationships and providing exceptional service
- Superior oral and written communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills required
- Demonstrates ability to contribute positively in a team environment; remaining calm under pressure
- Exhibit clear, sound and accurate judgment in making decisions
- Excellent analytical, strategic conceptual thinking, strategic planning and execution skills
- High level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness with strong work ethic and the ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Flexible hours including work-at-home opportunities
- Participation in Healthx Employee Bonus Plan
- An excellent benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, life, disability and 401k benefits as well as paid time off and holidays