Engineering | Indianapolis, IN | Full Time
At Healthx, we empower the healthcare experience, helping people live longer, healthier lives while lowering healthcare costs by keeping health plans, members, and providers connected. Our platform orchestrates the complex healthcare journey by delivering personalized experiences that drive cost savings and improve quality of care. With Healthx, engaged members are healthier members, and healthier members significantly reduce healthcare costs.
We are on a mission for good health, to revolutionize healthcare, and take the guesswork out of people proactively managing their own health. We are building some of the most innovative tech in the industry and are poised for significant growth. We are looking for innovative people with the passion and energy to join the cause.
What We Need:
A DevOps Engineer to collaboratively scope and implement solutions for project/Scrum team. An expert in our processes including agile practices and ceremonies helping to define industry-leading, high-quality, innovative and produce fully performing software. Proficient in all relevant technical skills, and able to move quickly because of deep understanding of large portions of codebase. Comfortable negotiating with product, engineering, and operations to drive to the best solution for our Healthx portal.
What You'll Do:
- Write clean, maintainable code and tests, iterating based on feedback.
- Develop/enhance tools for automating processes.
- Write meaningful code reviews.
- Handle open-ended problems & ambiguity well.
- Work closely with engineering and operations to design, deliver, and manage infrastructure and services using industry best practices.
- Make well-reasoned design decisions, identifying potential issues, tradeoffs, risks, and the appropriate level of abstraction.
- Maintain awareness of industry trends and tools.
- Debug expertly/independently within primary focus area.
- Estimate methodically, based on iterative learning. Set realistic deadlines that drive effort but support healthy work habits.
- Mitigate risk by committing code frequently.
- Ask for guidance in unfamiliar areas, pulls in others as needed, and persists in the face of roadblocks.
- Use analytics and product understanding to inform decisions and measure impact.
- Be accountable end-to-end, through planning, deploy, maintenance, and monitoring. Proactive about potential issues.
- Understand how people use the product/service(s) they build, and how your work fits in. Exercises user empathy, whether your users are internal or external.
- Start to form a vision for future directionality of certain areas.
Collaboration & Communication:
- Partner with product, engineering, and operations to drive requirements.
- Identify and suggest solutions to problems impacting team.
- Build relationships cross-functionally, with operations and support teams, and with senior engineers.
- Communicate technical issues and decisions clearly and proactively to a cross-functional audience, sharing bad news quickly as well. Mastering ability to express complicated issues simply.
- Engage in productive dialog even when there are conflicting views, both inside and outside team. Seek to understand other points of view.
- Ensure technical docs exist for all critical systems developed.
- Elevate testing practices.
- Contribute to the foundational good of their domain and engineering overall, defining patterns and canonical examples, plus paying down tech debt.
- Share your experience and expertise to help others grow.
- Lead and coach within your team where possible, trusted with team decisions.
- Start to broaden impact. Consider effects of your work on other teams, as well as identifying and helping to resolve problems facing team.
- Give feedback to others and trusts them to decide to what extent to incorporate it.
- Be open to receiving feedback from others at all levels.
- Be self-aware of strengths and weaknesses.
- Do what you say you will do or communicate promptly if there is an issue.
- Be intentional about career and growth.
- Embrace big challenges as opportunities for growth.
- Able to change direction quickly based on shifting company needs.
- Bachelor's degree
- A passion for writing software to solve complex problems
- Experience in full-stack development
- Competency in high availability architectures
- 3+ years of coding experience required
- 3+ years of experience with cloud based providers (e.g. AWS, Azure, Private Cloud partners)
- Experience in Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment best practices and tools (e.g. Git, Jenkins, Artifactory, Docker, Packer)
- Experience in Configuration Management/Deployment tools (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Containers)
- Experience in web application development
- Strong relational database knowledge (SQL Server preferred)
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Excellent organization and problem-solving skills
- Employee Attributes:
- Good Judgement
- Positive Attitude