Engineering | Indianapolis or Remote | Full Time
At Healthx, we empower the healthcare experience, helping people live longer, healthier lives while lowering healthcare costs by keeping health plans, members, and providers connected. Our platform orchestrates the complex healthcare journey by delivering personalized experiences that drive cost savings and improve quality of care. With Healthx, engaged members are healthier members, and healthier members significantly reduce healthcare costs.
We are on a mission for good health, to revolutionize healthcare, and take the guesswork out of people proactively managing their own health. We are building some of the most innovative tech in the industry and are poised for significant growth. We are looking for innovative people with the passion and energy to join the cause.
What We Need:
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer with a strong background in developing microservice applications and system integrations in a cloud-native environment to help us develop the next generation of conversational Healthcare bots. An understanding of Natural Language Processing, workflow engines and/or healthcare industry experience are a huge plus.
What You'll Do:
- Develop functionality within a cutting edge AI stack to enable high quality conversational interactions with users via multiple channels.
- Analyze users interactions and behavior within the system to iteratively improve their experience.
- Learn and work with multiple 3rd party applications, integrating their functionality into the core product.
- Develop a rich set of RESTful APIs.
- Focus on growth & learning, best practices, and improving the codebase.
- Work on scoped problems with some guidance, contributing meaningfully.
- Write clean code and tests, iterating based on feedback.
- Participate in code reviews and technical design.
- Commit to & complete tasks within expected time frame, holding themselves and other teammates accountable.
- Find creative solutions to issues and blockers discovered that both accomplish the task in time and progresses the platform forward.
- Takes ownership in their work, ensuring it meets all acceptance criteria, architectural expectations and committed timeline.
Collaboration & Communication:
- Works collaboratively with immediate team members and others.
- Effectively communicates work status to teammates and manager.
- Proactively asks questions and reaches out for help when stuck.
- Actively voices concerns and ideas.
- Accepts feedback graciously and learns from experience.
- Has project/team-level impact.
- Pairs to gain knowledge.
- Represents their team well to others in the company.
- May participate in hiring.
- Learns and exhibits Healthx core behaviors, treating others with respect, honoring commitments to the team, seeking out & integrating feedback.
- Objectively evaluates whether they've met their goals.
- A passion for writing software to solve complex problems
- Minimum 5 years of development experience
- Experience with developing in Node.js
- Familiarity with AWS or other cloud providers
- Familiarity with API and serverside development
- Familiarity with relational databases
- Experience with microservices architecture
- A practical understanding of Natural Language Processing or similar machine learning techniques a plus
- Experience with Vue.js a plus
- Experience in the Healthcare industry or HIPAA compliant environments a plus
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Excellent organization and problem-solving skills