Home Health | Paris, TX | Full Time
1. At least 1 year experience with computers
2. An Associate degree in business preferred.
3. Possesses and maintains good physical stamina and mental health. Has presented a pre
employment health clearance.
4. Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state and/or organization requirements and is in good working order.
5. · Has satisfactory references from current employers and/or professional peers.
6. Has excellent observation and communication skills.
7. Is self-directed with the ability to work with little supervision.
8. Is flexible and cooperative in fulfilling all obligations.
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
The Billing Clerk is responsible for the timely and accurate filing, billing information, patient invoices and insurance claims.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
1. Obtains from the company's offices, the documentation required for billing.
2. Generating billing reports & entering adjustments to charges as necessary.
3. Ensure on a monthly basis that payments and co-payments are being paid in a timely manner.
4. Create, maintain, and update patient/client billing, charges, and files.
5. Cross train with other clerks as requested.
6. Bill client's charges and co-payments in a timely and accurate manner.
7. Assists in the preparation of monthly reports and claim forms.
8. Organizes all required paperwork for billing (485, and UB92's).
9. Bills patients for out-of-pocket payments in a timely manner.
10. Processes Medicare and Medicaid claims timely, in accordance with instructions from third party payers.
11. Maintains accurate Medicare and Medicaid billing analysis reports (logs).
12. Performs other specific projects relating to billing, data entry, and computer operations as required.
13. Is responsible for the submission of all bi-monthly billing, (Medicare; Medicaid; Private; BC/BS; HMO's).
14. Monitors aged receivables accounts.
The above statements are only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job related tasks other than those stated in this description.
1. General office
2. Frequent telephone activity
3. This position has been designated Class Ill (see policy 9-001). Employees preforming Class Ill duties are not at risk for exposure to blood borne pathogens. All Class Ill employees will not be offered Hepatitis B vaccination.
1. Visual/hearing ability sufficient to comprehend written/verbal communication.
2. Ability to perform tasks involving physical activity, which may include heavy lifting and extensive bending and standing.
3. Ability to effectively deal with stress.
CONTINUING EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
Agency personnel are expected to participate in appropriate continuing education as may be requested and/or required by their immediate supervisor. In addition, agency personnel are expected to accept personal responsibility for other educational activities to enhance job related skills and abilities. All agency personnel must attend mandatory educational programs.