Payments Sales Specialist
Sales | Remote | Full Time
What is the role?
Paradigm is looking for a Payments Sales Specialist to own and manage the cross selling of our integrated payments technology to our existing SaaS user base. Paradigm is the parent company of three unique legal SaaS platforms, each catering to a slightly different customer with different needs. Within each of these SaaS platforms is an additional revenue opportunity via our in-house integrated payments functionality. Your role will be to assist existing SaaS customers to begin using the payments functionality within the software. By doing so, you are part of the team creating and growing a new and additional payments revenue stream for Paradigm.
As the Payments Sales Specialist, you will sit between the Sales Teams / Account Managers responsible for closing new SaaS accounts and the Customer Success / Support team that trains and supports our customers.
This role has two distinct parts. The first is selling payments directly to a set of our SaaS customer base of law firms that are actively using our legal software platforms but have not yet started using the integrated payments functionality within the platform. The second part of this role is building sales strategy to be executed by account managers and customer success / support teams that facilitate the conversion of customers to become payment customers. Role will offer commission tied to both direct payment conversions and overall Paradigm conversions.
Who is the ideal candidate?
You love to talk to people and are invigorated by convincing others of your point of view in a professional and respectful way. You are persistent and not afraid to pick up the phone and speak to users. You have an understanding of the value payments can add to SaaS products and ideally have some experience working in the payments, FinTech, or financial service industry. Ideally you have some personal experience working in or around the legal industry and lawyers. This role will necessarily involve constant evolution as you find new patterns and processes to become more effective at helping our customers get successfully onboarded to payments, so the ideal candidate will be creative, proactive and loves to experiment and try new tactics.
Qualifications & Responsibilities
- Minimum 2 years of experience in customer success, account management, or sales at a payments, financial services or FinTech company
- Create, run, manage and own end-to end payments sales process including email campaigns, phone calls, webinars and demos of payments functionality within each product
- Experience using sales automation, CRM and email marketing tools including Outreach.io, Intercom and SalesForce
- Manage payments sales pipeline of both existing and new SaaS users
- Ability to sell to multiple customers who are at different points in the account lifecycle simultaneously and articulate the value proposition of payments within each Paradigm SaaS platform
- Build trust and maintain strong relationships with customers by learning about each customer's individual needs and business goals and figuring out how that customer can best use payments to positively affect their bottom line
- Responsible for ownership of payments sales data and report data to other Paradigm stakeholders
- Create new sales collateral as needed (email campaigns, one pagers content, talking points and scripts, etc.)
- Relevant experience monitoring project progress and taking corrective action as needed
Skills We Love
- Excellent written communication and conversational skills that radiate enthusiasm, high energy, poise, and confidence
- Enthusiasm for creative problem-solving
- Strong interest and familiarity with various payment and fintech tools
- Experience at a small, fast-growing startup (or desire to do so and get your hands dirty)
- Enjoy talking to new people and thinking fast on your feet
- Prior work as an attorney, paralegal or work with or around law firms, legal tech companies or fintech / payment companies
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment that requires strong time-management
- You’re resourceful - might not have all the answers, but you know how to find them
- You operate with a great sense of urgency recognizing that speed is one of our greatest assets
- Have a sense of humor (or at least laugh at our terrible jokes)
- Competitive salary
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Remote working flexibility
- Budget for home office improvements
- Company culture that encourages work / life balance
- 100% paid PPO medical, vision, and dental insurance
- 401k matching
- Bi-annual company retreats and many other fun activities to bring our team together (physically or virtually) as often as possible!
About Headnote & Paradigm
Paradigm is a novel and rapidly growing legal technology business that offers a suite of product solutions to allow lawyers to automate their firms, get more done in less time, and focus on what they do best: practicing law. The business currently includes three leading practice management and online payment solutions – PracticePanther, Bill4Time, Headnote and MerusCase.
Paradigm operates as a single business and team with multiple software solutions. Our software offerings have the ability to scale in different niches of the market, and the shared resources, talent, and expertise allow us to accelerate growth across the portfolio. Paradigm will continue to grow each of these platforms organically, while also looking for new acquisitions that can bolster our position as a leading legal technology company. Paradigm has ~100 employees based in New York, Florida, Washington, California, and other locations across the US, and is part of ASG, a portfolio company of Alpine Investors.