Client Experience Manager
Customer Success | Remote | Full Time
Headnote is powering financial services for the $437B US legal industry.
Headnote is a data-driven FinTech company building the future of financial services for the US legal industry. Did you know even the most modern law firms are paid almost entirely via paper check? Over 90% of payments to lawyers are manual, often with paper cheques, because consumer payment platforms prohibit lawyers from accepting online retainer payments.
Retainer payments (as well as many others, generally 40% of a law firms overall payment volume) are required to go to a law firm’s Trust Account by state and national bar associations. The rules that govern these transactions are complex and varied, so much so that PayPal, Stripe, Square, etc. won’t allow them on their platform. That’s what we specialize in - building complex financial products for a big industry in desperate need of innovation.
Headnote is like Venmo or Zell for the legal industry. We’re tackling a huge payments market and growing fast month over month. We are funded by some of the leading VC’s in Silicon Valley including Uncork Capital and NFX, and have some of the best financial and legal minds advising us including the former and current leadership at PayPal and Quicken. Our founder and CEO, Sarah Schaaf, is a former Google attorney that grew up working in her family’s law firms. Every member of our team has direct or indirect legal background via their own work history or growing up around attorneys.
Our passion for this customer and our legal domain expertise runs deep. We truly believe that by making lawyers and law firm operations more efficient we can help the entire industry work smarter, resulting in better legal services and access to justice for society at large. Join us in our mission!
As a Client Experience Manager, you'll be the point-person for helping attorneys and law firm administrators get their Headnote accounts set up and continue to use the platform effectively to help drive transactional revenue. Within Headnote, you'll also serve as the advocate for these customers and utilize these conversations to help guide our product and marketing efforts. This role will necessarily involve constant evolution as you find new patterns and processes to become more effective at helping our customers get successfully onboarded and grow their usage of our product.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in customer success, account management, or sales at a technology company
- Excellent communication and conversational skills are a must. You should enjoy talking to others are adept at finding commonality in conversations with strangers to quickly “break the ice”
- Manage multiple customers who are at different points in the account lifecycle simultaneously
- Client facing skills that radiate enthusiasm, high energy, poise, and confidence
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment that requires strong time-management
- Relevant experience monitoring project progress and taking corrective action
- Ability to articulate the value proposition of technology platforms to meet client needs
- Ability to work with both technical and business stakeholders
Responsibilities & Attributes
- Own the ultimate success of someone that signed up to use our product and help them become a productive, loyal, and paying customer,
- Effectively onboard new registrants and ensure their accounts are set up properly, that they understand Headnote’s value props and how to use our features
- Perform demos and training sessions to assist new customers, which will require a mastery of Headnote's features
- Build trust and maintain strong relationships by learning about each customer's individual needs and business goals and figuring out how that customer can best use Headnote's features to positively affect their bottom line
- Discover and evangelize new use cases for the customer, helping them to deepen and expand their usage of the product
- Develop a range of materials including one-page feature guides, horizontal and vertical best practice kits, webinars, custom training sessions for large teams, and more
- In addition to your customer-facing responsibilities, you'll also need work with the product and technical teams to translate what you’re hearing from customers into features with prioritization
Skills We Love
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Enthusiasm for creative problem-solving
- Strong interest and familiarity with various payment and fintech tools
- Experience at a small, fast-growing startup (or desire to do so and get your hands dirty)
- Enjoy talking to new people and thinking fast on your feet
- Prior work as an attorney, paralegal or work with or around law firms, legal tech companies or fintech / payment companies
You’re a great fit if…
- You prioritize customer experience with a focus on customer happiness and retention
- You drive to understand clients’ business goals, anticipate future needs and identify solutions
- You are a team player with a high level of integrity and desire to assist your tribe - you can be flexible as this office scales
- You have proven capacity to develop relationships and optimize customer accounts, you understand what it means to evangelize your product
- You have a strong business acumen and admiration for analytics
- You’re resourceful - might not have all the answers, but you know how to find them
- You operate with a great sense of urgency recognizing that speed is a start-up’s greatest asset.
- Have a sense of humor (or at least laugh at our terrible jokes)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
- Comprehensive health and dental insurance (PPO)
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays