Senior Digital and TV Media Planner
Strategy Team | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
With over 30 years of proven excellence in brand response, our agency combines persuasive brand messaging with best in class analytic systems to create accountable, high-performance advertising campaigns. We specialize in strategic planning, creative development, production, media planning, buying and analytics, and campaign management for integrated marketing campaigns.
Hawthorne has developed successful award-winning campaigns for brands such as 3M, Armor All, Bose, Black & Decker, Hamilton Beach, Pella, SanDisk, Transamerica, United Healthcare and more.
Why work with us?
Hawthorne ensures that our employees are well taken care of.
Our employees' hard work and commitment are the driving forces behind our company’s success, and we constantly look for ways to reward them. Competitive compensation, exceptional benefits, and a fun work atmosphere make Hawthorne the leading agency to work for. Read about more benefits of working for us here: http://reviews.greatplacetowork.com/hawthorne-direct-llc
What we are looking for?
Someone with experience developing strategies and media buys that achieve client objectives. Our ideal candidate is someone who shows independence in planning while acting as a leader, providing guidance to Media Planners and Buyers. Drives innovation at both the strategic and campaign level, to clients and within the agency, and cultivates key partnerships to deliver the best-integrated media opportunities to the client across all linear TV and digital channels.
Direct and drive media planning strategies and recommendations for all clients within the agency’s portfolio, while working with Research, Account, Strategy, and Media Buying experts to execute strategic, planning recommendations.
- Act as strategic navigator for collaborating teams by leading the thinking to inspire innovative, strategic media solutions to meet campaign KPIs and targeted audience awareness based on business and consumer insights
- Planning for U.S. National Broadcast, Cable, Local Market, Multi-cultural and Canadian short form, spot media executions
- Integration of digital and other new media channels (VOD, OTT)
- Develop media plans, following approved strategy, that elicits strong consumer response, build brand awareness and extend reach and frequency
- Analyze and provide research for client requests and make media plan recommendations
- Evaluate value and relevance of media channels and share knowledge with others
- Interpret consumer research – Simmons, Scarborough, Kantar, etc.
- Collaborate with Business Intelligence/ Data Science, Programmatic Teams to identify consumer learning needs and drive consumer insight generation, analysis/ interpretation
- Ensure the team delivers sound strategic media/communication recommendations based on a clear understanding of brand objectives
- Ensure that our client relationships continue to be strengthened by quality of media deliverables
- Actively listen to clients and continually identify opportunities to lead the thinking
- Ensure the quality of work for all media deliverables
- Develop media planning process improvements and best practices to ensure consistency, flexibility, and efficiency resulting in solutions that meet or exceed client expectations
- Work closely with SVP Media and Account Management to identify any scope of work issues related to staffing or media executions and find strong solutions
- Expert command of media research resources, capabilities, and limitations
- Support the development of presentations and client correspondence
- Embody Hawthorne’s values and cultivate them among team members
- Exemplify collaboration by building and maintaining productive relationships across all communications areas (investment teams, Brand, multi-functional teams, agency partners, media vendors – as appropriate) as well as manage the senior relationships
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- BA/BS required
- Recommended experience: 7 - 10 years’ media buying, planning
- Experience with GA, Direct Response, and Hybrid campaigns
- Experience negotiating media and understanding the value of media
- Advance computer knowledge (Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience using comScore, Nielsen, Simmons, NPower to derive value-additive insights for clients
- Strong writing, presentation and strategic and analytical thinking skills
- Able to work independently and have excellent time management skills
- Problem solver with the ability to develop creative solutions
- Organized, and detail-oriented with strong attention to follow-through
- Nimble and flexible to succeed in a fast-paced environment and handle ad hoc requests
- Interest and familiarity through use of digital media
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, rapidly growing work environment
- Experience in management and/or strategy consulting a plus