Director of Technology Innovation
Operations | Charlotte, NC | Full Time
Position Summary & Purpose:
The Director of Digital Innovation is responsible for strategizing and implementing technology platforms that enhance the institution’s impact operationally and programmatically. Creating measurable and sustainable social value and improving the well-being of impacted communities, is the focus of the work, regardless of the sophistication of the technology used in your projects. That approach will make The Gantt Center innovative in the museum sector. The individual will be well versed in selecting and utilizing diverse modes of technology that can create sustainable outcomes in an arts environment.
- Provides superior solutions that will improve guest experiences through use of innovative technology channels.
- Ensure visitors are able to learn more about the history of the institution and exhibited art through touch screen panels, headphones, and Bluetooth, from entry through exit.
- Implement various modes of technology to improve communication methods with constituents.
- Devise ways that visitors can interact with the art or use technology themselves to create their own works of art in our Creative Lab.
- Maintain & develop website and organizational applications as needed to ensure content is relevant to visitor base.
- Aggregate, analyze, and synthesize data applicable to selected software and technologies.
- Evaluate technology needs by comparing predicted experience versus actual experience.
- Create and monitor innovative technology experiences that nurture creativity and exploration.
- Devise different ways to reach communities and schools through virtual platforms.
- Direct the installation of technology systems and tools to ensure the safe, timely, and efficient installation of technology equipment and services.
- Maintain technology equipment and systems to ensure they are functioning properly and effectively.
- Educate team members to create a work force that is well-versed in the use of innovative technology.
- Provide guidance on how technology can be used interchangeably throughout the institution.
- Point of contact for vendors to ensure that all technological needs are met or exceeded from the testing to implementation phases.
- Integrate current operational platforms with new technologies to enhance organizational proficiencies - website, databases, and point of sales products.
- Additional related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in an information technology related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in IT required, preferably in museums/attractions.
- Familiar with museum operations, specifically as it relates to the visitor experience with exhibitions and programs
- Proven expertise in implementing augmented reality, virtual reality, and motion sensor platforms within a creative setting
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, both oral and written, with and work well with all levels within an organization
- Highly organized with strong project management skills and drive to meet organizational objectives
- Ability to manage projects on interrelated timelines, allocate resources accurately and efficiently • Proven ability to negotiate and work with vendors and consultants
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
- Customer focus and customer service skills
- Expert knowledge of IT technology
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Position requires frequent sitting, standing and walking. May require sitting and working on computer for extended periods of time. Requires ability to communicate with others in-person and on the telephone. Manual dexterity needed for using a computer keyboard, calculator, telephone and cash register. Must have adequate vision to operate computer and to complete paperwork.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all associated responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions. The Gantt Center reserves the right to change, amend, add, delete, and otherwise assign any and all duties, responsibilities and position titles as it deems necessary to meet the needs of the institution.