Director of Marketing & Communication
Marketing | Charlotte, NC | Full Time
The Gantt Center is in search of strategic and creative Director of Marketing & Communications who will strategically create and implement a comprehensive integrated marketing strategy for the organization with a focus on overall branding, communications, public relations, storytelling, audience engagement, and outreach with a goal of increasing admissions and sales within all facets of the organization. Cross-departmental collaboration, and external relationship management with community organizations, media partners, vendors, agencies, and designers is integral to this role.
Marketing Strategy, Campaigns, Public Relations & Communications Responsibilities:
- Create an Integrated marketing strategy that aligns with organizations strategic needs
- Coordinate overall marketing strategies and timelines for all exhibitions, programs, development efforts, events, products, event rentals, and services
- Utilize storytelling in a creative and impactful way to illustrate our brand, purpose, and who we are
- Develop systems for marketing project management, setting project management schedules
Brand Awareness, Design, and Content Creation:
- Develop and maintain consistent branding and messaging across all digital and non-digital marketing collateral and platforms, while creating collateral that captures the target audience it is intended for
- Provide artistic direction for collateral and materials for all exhibitions, programs, memberships, tours, events, products, event rentals, and services including but not limited to PowerPoint presentations, catalogs, flyers, banners, branded/promotional items, pamphlets, brochures, invitations, media kits, GIFS, e-blasts, holiday cards, letter heads, envelopes, rack cards, name tags and business cards
- Work closely with external web designer and provide web content and design updates in a timely manner; understand the basics of how to update web content and work with web designer to implement
Digital Engagement, Community Outreach, Programs & Events:
- Strategically manage, maintain, and enage audiences through the organization’s social media accounts including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Flickr, YouTube and Pinterest, with an overall goal of building audience capacity through human interaction and engagement
- Intentionally interact with program and event attendees to capture audience feedback, photos, and videos to be posted on social media channels in real-time
- Build relationships with groups across various sectors including but not limited to social, religious, and service organizations.
- Build strategic partnerships with key community organizations with end goal of building audiences for the institution
Reporting, Data, Consumer Analytics:
- Ensure attendance growth and analyze metrics for programs and events on a daily basis
- Track comprehensive data on the conversion rates of implemented strategies for marketing campaigns
- Producing timely reports for campaign deliverables and developing contingency strategies as needed
- Oversee accurate record keeping of all interactions with audiences from review sites, social media, email platforms, and all other channels
- Ensure attendance growth and analyze metrics for programs and events on a daily basi
- A natural researcher with a knack for creative writing and a love for museums and the arts
- Genuine curiosity to learn about the arts and keep up to date with the latest art news
- Creative thinker with great energy and out of the box ideas
- Ability to handle multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends on a regular basis is a must
- Demonstrates positive, “can-do” attitude, flexibility, teamwork, and attention to detail; strong planning and organizational skills
- Takes initiative and is able to handle a high volume of work while adhering to deadlines
- Willingness to learn and grow, coachable, and goal driven
- Maintains professional appearance and demeanor at all times
- Exemplary writing, editing skills, and content creation skills are a must
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative cloud software; graphic design skills preferred and are a plus
- Experience planning, creating and executing marketing strategies and campaigns
- Advanced use of social media platforms and analytics
- Experience with email marketing platforms such MailChimp and Constant Contact are a must
Required Education and Training: Bachelor’s Degree (BA) degree in marketing, consumer analytics, communications, journalism, advertising or related fields and at least 4 years of combined professional experience in nonprofit marketing roles that encompass the duties outlined in the above areas of responsibility.
Preferred: Master’s Degree in the areas listed above with 3 years of professional experience within an arts based nonprofit organization preferred. Marketing experience in a nonprofit institution setting preferred.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions: This position will have an assigned workstation, telephone, and computer. Position requires frequent sitting, standing, and walking. May require sitting and working on computer for extended periods of time. Requires ability to communicate with others in-person, by computer and on telephone. Manual dexterity needed for using computer keyboard and calculator. Must have adequate vision to operate computer and complete paperwork. Occasional lifting of up to 30 pounds may be necessary. There will be regular reaching and occasional bending, stooping, squatting and kneeling. Occasional driving required.
Disclaimer The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all associated responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions. The Harvey B. Gantt Center reserves the right to change, amend, add, delete, and otherwise assign any and all duties, responsibilities, and position titles as it deems necessary to meet the needs of the business.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EEOC) Statement The Harvey B. Gantt Center does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. We value and celebrate differences in order to best meet the needs of our diverse community.