Technical Editor at Progressive Public Opinion Firm
Research | Hybrid in Washington, DC | Full Time
About the Job: Hart Research, one of the nation's premier public opinion research firms, seeks a skilled assistant-level editor for client-facing, data-driven materials. Responsibilities for this position include reviewing public opinion surveys for content, readability, and programming logic, as well as proofing data tables, proposals, reports, and presentations. This is not a writing position; our editors are tasked with fine-grained review of varied materials and meticulous quality assurance. This position is part of a tight-knit, three-person team and reports to the chief editor; editors work closely with partners, senior analysts, and support staff alike. Great opportunity for learning the fundamentals of survey research and polling!
Hart Research offers competitive salaries and generous benefits, and a highly collaborative, flexible and fun work environment. Starting salary dependent on experience, plus bonus.
About Us: Always on the forefront of public opinion, Hart Research is a dynamic place to work and makes for a terrific training ground for those interested in a career in polling, politics, data analytics, public affairs, public relations and the media. Known and respected for our quality, depth of experience and rigor, Hart Research Associates provides its clients with decisive strategic guidance using a variety of specialized qualitative and quantitative research methodologies. Read more about us on our website @ www.hartresearch.com
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: Hart Research, is committed to maintaining a diverse and welcoming workplace and is proud to be a certified minority-owned business. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, including people of color, women, LGBTQIA+ individuals, immigrants, veterans and persons with disabilities. If you are unsure if you meet the qualifications for this role but are still interested, you are encouraged to apply.
About You: You are looking to do work that matters, alongside committed, supportive and curious people and you have:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent grasp of the English language and grammar
- Good aptitude for quick learning basic technical skills (including survey scripting and questionnaire writing software)
- Keen eye for detail
- Comfort with performing basic math functions
- Strong fluency in MS Word and PowerPoint
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, as well as ability to multitask and problem solve
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability for applying logic
- Ability to work independently and turn on a dime to manage and meet tight deadlines
- Willingness and ability to work occasional evenings and weekends, sometimes with limited prior notice, especially during election years
- Additional skills that will set your application apart:
- Experience with technical editing
- Programming skills
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Proficiency in Adobe documents
Please note: This is a communications position so, no surprise, you must submit a well-crafted cover letter in addition to your resume in order to be considered.
Essential Physical Requirements of the Job:
The environmental factors and/or physical requirements of this position include the following: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to have ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to climb and descend multiple flights of stairs. Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp, and ability to use a keyboard. The employee frequently is required to be in one position for long periods of screen use, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear both in person and over devices. The employee interacts in close spaces and frequently with other workers, vendors, and clients. The position works in an office environment with artificial light and air.