Administration | Washington, DC | Full Time
Harmon, Curran, Spielberg & Eisenberg, LLP, a boutique law firm in Washington, DC serving the nonprofit public interest community, is seeking a full-time Office Manager. A successful candidate will have a bachelor’s degree, 2+ years of experience supporting an office in an administrative capacity, excellent computer skills, and excellent communication skills (verbal and written). Must have a positive attitude, be dependable, detail-oriented, flexible and a self-starter who is highly organized with the ability to multi-task. Must be adept at and eager to learn new legal technology and software including PCLaw, Time Matters, and Worldox.
Our firm specializes in nonprofit tax, election, and employment law for progressive organizations and the funders and individuals that support them. The Office Manager supports our attorneys, staff, and clients in this pursuit by overseeing office operations and policies and maintaining an efficient workplace. The Office Manager will work under the direct supervision of the Business Manager but will assist each of the partners and attorneys with various tasks.
Responsibilities fall under several areas and include:
- New client intake including conflict checks and engagement letters
- Managing inputs and reports for firm docketing system
- Updating information in various databases (Time Matters, PCLaw, Constant Contact)
- Maintaining and ordering office supplies
- Maintaining law library, including orders and renewals
- Planning firm seminars and events
- Planning internal firm social functions (birthday, summer/holiday parties)
- Setting up client web meetings
- Overseeing annual rate change letter process
- Preparing annual professional liability application
- Reviewing, updating and creating new procedures as necessary
- Managing reception area including answering phones, greeting visitors, and processing mail
- Managing part-time administrative assistant
- Word processing, printing, scanning for attorneys
- Inputting time for attorneys
- Miscellaneous administrative tasks and projects
- Overseeing monthly billing process including preparation of bills, edits, and transmission to clients
- Responding to client inquiries re: billing matters
- Preparing checks for client filings
- Making bank deposits
Systems & Facilities Management:
- Assisting with management of firm IT systems (phones, computer, network, document management system, etc.) and vendors
- Day-to-day computer systems management, troubleshooting, repairs, and upkeep in conjunction with IT managed services provider
- File and records management
- Liaison with property management and building staff
- Liaison between firm and vendors
- Assisting Business Manager with space planning and potential future buildout and/or move
The above describes general job duties and responsibilities and is not a complete listing of job duties. Incumbents may be required to perform additional tasks related to these duties.
We are a group of attorneys and staff who believe deeply in our clients and want to help them achieve success. We are looking for an Office Manager who understands our attorneys, staff, and clients and aims to keep them happy through a smoothly running workplace. Candidates with the highest integrity and can-do attitude who want to solve problems will succeed in this role.
Harmon, Curran, Spielberg & Eisenberg, LLP, is located in downtown Washington, DC and is easily accessible by public transportation. This is a full-time (37.5 hours per week) position with a competitive salary, 3 weeks of vacation plus sick days, generous medical benefits, 401k with match, and annual profit sharing.
Please apply with resume, cover letter and salary requirements at https://careers.jobscore.com/careers/harmoncurran.
Applicants will not be considered without a cover letter expressing your interest in this job and our firm.
Harmon Curran is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and welcomes diversity in the workplace and strongly encourages all qualified persons to apply, including people of color, women, and individuals with disabilities.
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE.