Nonprofit Organization Attorney
Legal | Washington, DC | Full Time
Harmon, Curran, Spielberg & Eisenberg, LLP, a law firm in Washington, DC serving the nonprofit public interest community, is seeking two attorneys to join our nonprofit and political law practices.
The attorneys at Harmon Curran help progressive nonprofit organizations and the funders and individuals that support them by addressing a range of legal issues they typically encounter in the course of their operations. These include:
- Nonprofit formation
- Seeking and maintaining federal, state, and local tax exemption
- Nonprofit corporate and association governance
- Relationships among affiliated tax-exempt organizations such as 501(c)(3), 501(c)(4), and PACs
- Lobbying and issue advocacy at the federal, state, and local levels
- Political activities and campaign finance compliance
- Relationships with and grants to overseas organizations
- Leases and other contracts with service providers
- Special rules governing private foundations
- Fundraising contracts and compliance with state and federal laws
- Trademark and copyright questions
- Insurance issues
- Employment issues
We are looking for two attorneys – one with 5+ years of relevant legal experience and another with 1 to 3 years of relevant experience. Recent law school graduates with nonprofit experience are welcome to apply. Experience or interest in employment law is welcome.
Qualified candidates will be motivated self-starters with strong academic credentials, excellent writing and communication skills, the ability to work both independently and as part of a group, strong attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple client matters at any given time. Candidates must be a member of or eligible for admission to the DC Bar.
We are a small, collegial, mission-driven firm and are hoping to find candidates who would like to continue growing the firm with us. We offer rewarding work with great people, a salary commensurate with experience, generous benefits, and a healthy work/life balance. The ideal candidates would be able to work out of our Washington, DC office once COVID-19 restrictions are lifted, but candidates with significant experience who wish to work remotely are encouraged to apply.
Please visit our website at www.harmoncurran.com to learn more about our firm and the work we do.
Please apply with a resume and cover letter at https://careers.jobscore.com/careers/harmoncurran.
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE.
Harmon Curran is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and welcomes diversity in the workplace and strongly encourages all qualified persons to apply, including people of color, women, and individuals with disabilities.