Financial Analyst (Real Estate)
Investments | Palo Alto, CA | Full Time
About the Company:
Hanover Financial, LLC is an industry-leading fiduciary and real estate capital manager with offices in the San Francisco Bay Area and Los Angeles. Hanover’s investment strategy includes providing joint venture and co-general partnership equity capital to developers and operators of real estate to facilitate the development and/or repositioning of multifamily properties. Since inception, the Firm has completed over 100 investments totaling over $2 billion of real estate projects. Today, Hanover employs 10 professionals working between our two offices and invests in projects in all major markets along the West Coast. Hanover's environment encourages entrepreneurial creativity and is ideal for those who thrive in a fast-paced, multi-tasking culture while adhering to a disciplined investment strategy.
Hanover Financial is an affiliate of Marcus and Millichap Company. More information can be found at: www.hanoverfinancialllc.com.
Job Description: We are currently seeking a candidate to fill the position of Financial Analyst in our San Francisco Bay Area (Palo Alto) office. The ideal candidate will have the analytical skills to accurately underwrite prospective multifamily investments, along with excellent verbal and written communication skills. Additionally, strong interpersonal abilities are needed to interface with developers, brokers, and internal executives. This position is suited for a candidate with long term aspirations of becoming either an investment officer (with sourcing responsibilities) or an asset manager.
Primary Responsibilities & Duties:
- Create and prepare initial analysis and modeling of proposed new investments including a review of the current and stabilized economics, proposed capital budgets, leasing plans and final disposition strategy using Hanover’s internal Microsoft Excel models
- Research and analyze numerous submarkets, both from the desk and “in the field" to enhance intimate knowledge of targeted opportunities
- Track rent, sales, and new development activities in all of our investment submarkets
- Conduct and coordinate primary due diligence of proposed new investment transactions and prepare the transaction support and the proposals for final Investment Committee presentations
- Support the business development arm including preparation of investment presentations and enhancing cultivated sponsor/partnership relationships
- Some travel will be required
- May perform other duties as needed
Education, Skills & Qualifications:
- B.A. degree required
- 1 - 3 years of relevant experience in real estate finance, finance, accounting, economics, engineering or computer science required
- Strong Proficiency in MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint required
- Demonstrated ability in interpersonal and business communications