905902 | Astoria, NY | Full Time
HANAC Inc. is seeking experienced and newly licensed Security Guards to join our growing organization. The Security Guard will be the first point of contact for all residents, visitors, guests, and employees within our senior and multifamily residential buildings. Full-Time/ Part-Time and On-call positions available.
Must be able to work one or all the following schedule: Monday-Sunday 8 AM-5 PM, 4 PM-12 AM and 12 AM-8 AM
Rate of Pay: $15.00 per hour
- Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to maintain security/safety of the premises.
- Monitor building surveillance cameras.
- Keep public areas clear of loitering.
- Director visitors to their appropriate destination within the building.
- Provide customer service in accordance with company established standards and expectations.
- Open and Close mechanical doors for residents, visitors and employees when entering and leaving the building.
- Answer and forward telephone calls, take messages (if necessary), and provide information in regards to the Property Management office schedule.
- Generate, distribute or disconnect building and/or garage key fobs or key cards.
- Sign for mail and deliveries
- Write reports of daily activities, deliveries, and irregularities, such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences.
- Respond to emergencies i.e. fires, medical, any form of threats, answer alarms and investigate.
- Makes immediate reports for designated company and client personnel and information.
- May be requested to perform other duties as assigned by the Manager as needed.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Remain alert and aware of the surroundings.
- Able to think clearly during crisis or high-stress periods.
- Demonstrate the ability to work with others and interact appropriately.
- Maintain professionalism and communication with other employees.
- Relate information regarding events or situations that may affect operations.
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Must be flexible with work schedule and non-scheduled hours as required.
- Must be able to work a double if required
- Must be able to stay awake during shift/s
- Must have a High School diploma, GED equivalent
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older
- Must have a valid New York State Security Guard License
- Must have 6 months to 1 year of experience as a security guard, or a combination of education, training or work experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the duties of this position
- Must be able to read, write, and communicate the English language well.
- Valid Driver's License Required.