Front Desk Agent - Part Time
Front Office | Charlotte, NC | Full Time and Part Time
This position will be part-time averaging 24 -30 hours per week and primarily second shift (2 p.m. to 10 p.m.) with occasional first shift hours (7 a.m. to 3 p.m.). The candidate must be flexible to work any day of the week including holidays and weekends.
The Hampton Inn Charlotte Uptown is a limited service hotel located in uptown Charlotte right beside the Nascar Hall of Fame. We are a very busy property due to the popular brand name and the convenient location so we search for the best employees to add to our staff. We search for responsible individuals with upbeat, warming personalities to greet each and every guest to make them feel welcome and invited.
- Previous hotel experience is required.
- Previous experience with the Hilton OnQ management system is a plus.
- Ability to use basic mathematical functions to calculate rates, tax percentages and discounts.
- Ability to remain calm in a high intensity, busy environment.
- Ability to diffuse stressful situations.
- Ability to read, write, and communicate in English effectively.
- High school education required.
- Checking in/out guests.
- Creating and modifying reservations.
- Answering phone calls and providing requested information.
- Communicating with staff to ensure daily operations are conducted effectively.
- Counting and handling cash on hand properly.
- Code electronic keys.
- Solving any guest issues or complaints or communicating them with management if unsure on actions to take.
- Completing Hampton's required training for the OnQ property management system.
- Completing Hampton's daily requirements according to brand standards.
- Keeping desk area and back office clean and tidy.
Please DO NOT call the hotel directly. Once you apply online we review every application and will contact any candidates that seem like a fit for the position.