Front Desk Agent - Full Time (2nd Shift)
Front Office | Charlotte, NC | Full Time and Part Time
This position will be full-time averaging 32 - 40 hours per week. The position will primarily be second shift (2 p.m. to 10 p.m.), but also may include first shift hours (7 a.m. to 3 p.m.) The candidate be available to work throughout the week and weekends including holidays. Previous experience in the hotel industry is preferred with preference given to candidates with Hilton experience.
The Hampton Inn Charlotte Uptown is a 149 room limited service hotel located in uptown Charlotte right across the street from the Nascar Hall of Fame. We are a very busy property due to the popular brand name and the convenient location so we search for the best employees to add to our staff. We search for responsible individuals with upbeat, warming personalities to greet each and every guest to make them feel welcome and invited.
- Checking in/out guests.
- Creating and modifying reservations.
- Answering phone calls and providing requested information.
- Communicating with staff to ensure daily operations are conducted effectively.
- Counting and handling cash on hand properly.
- Code electronic keys.
- Solving any guest issues or complaints or communicating them with management if unsure on actions to take.
- Completing Hampton's required training for the OnQ property management system.
- Completing Hampton's daily requirements according to brand standards.
- Keeping desk area and back office clean and tidy.
- Previous experience in the hotel industry is required.
- Previous experience with the Hilton OnQ management system is a plus.
- Ability to use basic mathematical functions to calculate rates, tax percentages and discounts.
- Ability to remain calm in a high intensity, busy environment.
- Ability to diffuse stressful situations.
- Ability to read, write, and communicate in English effectively.
- High school education required.
Please do not call the hotel directly. Once you apply online we review every application and will contact any candidates that seem like a fit for the position.