Front Desk Flex - Audit and 2nd Shift
Front Office | Boone, NC | Full Time
We are searching for Experienced & Energetic individuals for Boone's only Hilton property!!!
Only the best and brightest will do! Personality is everything for this position, while hotel experience is preferred, if you have a heart for service and willing to shine bright for our hotel we can teach you everything you need to know!
Work schedule varies and WILL include working on holidays, weekends, and alternate shifts.
MUST BE ABLE TO PASS DRUG TEST & BACKGROUND CHECK!!
The Front Desk Agent assures highest possible level of visitor and guest satisfaction by providing superior customer service. Responsible for checking guests into and out of the hotel as well as answering phone calls and customer inquiries. We need employees with an eye for cleanliness and attention to detail. Must be willing to help the team as required. Must be friendly, outgoing, and have great customer service. Must have reliable transportation.
Room Assignments, Changes, and Issues
- Checks guests into and out of the hotel in an accurate, speedy, and courteous manner.
- Efficiently handles all payments received whether they are cash, credit card, checks, or traveler's checks. Balances/verifies all monetary transactions in the appropriate accounts.
- Ensures that all hotel keys are distributed to the appropriate parties and that guest privacy is maintained.
- Responsible for maintaining all documentation regarding room registration, changes, charges, credit card transactions, customer service and maintenance issues.
- Facilitate the washing, drying, and folding of house laundry as required.
- Offer guests assistance whenever possible.
- Responsible for resolving escalated customer relations issues.
- Answers inquiries pertaining to hotel policies and services.
- Must respond to and follow-up on all guest requests to ensure customers are satisfied with the hotel's services and accommodations.
- Responsible for positively representing and promoting the property.
- Ensures systems and procedures are in place and followed for guest safety and security.
Other Duties as Assigned
- Ensures that the lobby and front desk area is clean, organized, visually appealing, and well stocked with all necessary supplies.
- Properly compiles, completes, and distributes reports to all management and relevant staff.
- Reports any maintenance, security, or safety issues to the appropriate staff.
- Any duties assigned by the Assistant General Manager and/or General Manager.
SKILLS, EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Previous front desk experience highly preferred.
- Prior experience using Windows-based software including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook highly preferred.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills.
- Ability to work well and collaborate with others.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- May be required to stand for an extended period of time.
- Able to work a flexible schedule.