Vice President - Property Operations
Propety Management | Walnut Creek, CA | Full Time
Vice President - Property Operations
Hall Equities Group is a privately held commercial real estate investment, development, and property management firm located in easily accessible offices in downtown Walnut Creek, California. Our company is team-oriented and high energy. We have an immediate opening for a Vice President of Property Management Operations.
Hall Equities Group is a member of a group of affiliated companies owned by Walnut Creek based entrepreneur, Mark Hall. Our overall business enterprise consists of several different companies. Our legacy commercial real estate platform, Hall Equities Group, oversees a diversified portfolio of both principal and client-owned real estate properties, totaling XX million sq. ft. of income property including holdings in the Retail, Multi-Family Residential, Office, Storage, and Industrial markets. These assets are located in nine states. We also have a sister company, ZMC Hotels, which operates a high-growth portfolio of forty one hotels across the United States. A further sister company, COPA Innovation Laboratories, is involved in Sports Technology, Franchise Business Opportunities in the sports performance space, and the ownership and operation of Sports Malls, and sports training centers. In addition to these businesses, we also are affiliated with Hall Sports Ventures, which owns two professional sports franchises (soccer), and is involved in mixed use stadium venue developments. Lastly, our latest affiliated venture is Enterprise Restaurant Group, which has been formed to provide quality food and beverage services to the hotels, stadiums, sports malls, and mixed use commercial real estate projects of our sister companies.
The Vice President of Property Management Operations will lead the execution of Hall Equities Group strategy related to property management for the portfolio by directing the team, implementing policies, programs, and initiatives that achieve budgeted financial results, and developing and leading programs that promote both shareholder and tenant satisfaction, operational excellence, and market growth.
This position reports to the Senior Vice President and Chief of Staff (“SVP COS”). The SVP COS also retains oversight responsibility for enterprise wide functions in accounting, human resources, marketing, and information technology, as well acting as a resource to the CEO in assisting in executing enterprise objectives.
Essential Job Functions:
- Formulates the annual goals and business plan in line with the Company’s strategic goals, develops budget(s) for the assigned portfolio, through the respective Portfolio Managers for each asset class. Monitors asset performance by analyzing market data and evaluating financial statements, reconciling monthly statements against approved budget, and working with the senior management team and others to discuss financial resource needs and issues.
- Oversees the operating performance of and compliance with the Company’s property management procedures and policies by inspecting properties, reviewing financial pricing models and marketing plan(s), conducting operational and financial audits, and developing corrective action plans as necessary to achieve stated goals and objectives.
- Reviews and edits monthly / quarterly financial reports and written narratives to clients.
- Supervises the staffing and talent acquisition for the respective asset class portfolios, and manages team members by assisting in interviewing, hiring, orienting, training team members, and overseeing their performance in accordance with Company policies, values, and business practices. Plans annual department conference and training event.
- Manages owner and customer satisfaction by maintaining frequent communication with shareholders, providing reports and information on the performance and progress of the portfolio, responding quickly and with urgency to questions, requests, and concerns, and seeking and acting on client feedback for improving overall service.
- Stays abreast of market and economic conditions within the assigned portfolio and markets, communicates emerging trends, opportunities, and potential threats, and creates long- and short-term business plans that achieve the Company’s targeted growth and market presence objectives.
- Leads or participates in process improvement initiatives by identifying opportunities for enhancing business performance, and leading specific project teams in developing and implementing new programs, policies, procedures, and practices.
- Coordinates work activities and liaisons with vendors, consultants, and other contractors as needed by researching and communicating ongoing work status to provide direction to consultants, processing invoices, contracts, and other statements of work, and ensuring open communication between consultants and Company project team members.
- Maintains a high level of collaboration with inter Company departments (accounting, development, investor relations, construction, etc.)
- Lead the property management role in the due diligence process through asset acquisitions. Ensure a smooth transition during the management of property dispositions or acquisitions.
- Maintains a professional image and attitude. Leads by example.
- Follows established policies and procedures by monitoring and ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, organizational standards, and operational processes related to areas of responsibility and reporting violations or infractions to appropriate individual(s).
- Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with Company, property, and departmental policies, procedures, and standards by immediately reporting any mechanical or electrical equipment malfunctions, employee/visitor/resident injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to appropriate individual(s).
- Identifies areas for improvement, elicits and offers suggestions to improve efficiency and productivity, and implements programs, projects, and initiatives that drive operational excellence.
- Ensure that regulatory guidelines are being followed by Community Managers, Supervisors, and their direct reports.
- Keeps abreast of current changes in technology, processes, and standards within the industry and areas of responsibility by attending internal and external training classes, researching and/or subscribing to online and other professional publications, or utilizing other appropriate methods to obtain business and professional information, and applies knowledge and practices to areas of responsibility.
- Approves lease assignments, makes credit approval decisions, creates and maintains divisional work production schedules, and other activities consistent with those typically found in a senior role in property management.
- Undertakes special projects as directed by the Senior Vice President and Chief of Staff, Senior Vice President of Client Support, and the Chief Executive Officer.
Required Education and Experience:
- A minimum of ten years’ experience in portfolio management of the largest number of the multi-family, retail, office, industrial, and self-storage asset classes, including an additional minimum of five years of site-level experience.
- Employment history that demonstrates the application and usage of a sales, marketing, and customer service background sufficient to resolve customer complaints and issues; complete financial records, documents, and reports; increase sales revenues, and coordinate effective advertising campaigns.
- Four Year College degree in business, real estate, property management, marketing, or related field, and/or equivalent experience.
- Certification in Property Management (IREM Certified Property Manager).
- California Real Estate License.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and communicate effectively to comprehend and complete legal, financial, and human resources documents, and to create and make presentations to senior managers, clients, team members, and other business contacts.
- Demonstrated proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, and database management programs to complete required reports and employment documents.
- Demonstrated mathematical skills necessary to add, subtract, multiply, and divide numbers, decimals, and fractions, and calculate percentages to complete financial records, budgets, and other fiscal reporting information.
- Demonstrated management and supervisory skills sufficient to lead, direct, evaluate, and mentor subordinate and peer employee staff.
Helpful Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency in property management software applications used by the Company (MRI), to retrieve reports, complete data analysis, and manage portfolio performance on key metrics.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Occasional travel may be required to sites throughout California and select out of state locations.
- Real Estate License(s) in Nevada, Washington, Colorado, Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri, Oregon, and Minnesota.
- Commercial Leasing experience.
- Construction management experience.
- Proficiency in investment analysis, CCIM designation or the equivalent.
- Accredited Management Organization designated officer experience (AMO).
- Hotel operational and management experience.
- Sports management, play, team, marketing, or science experience.
- Proficiency in Power Point, Excel, and Word.
- Experience in Social Media management and campaigns, and Reputation Management.
This job description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with the position; and will be reviewed by Management periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Management reserves the right to modify duties as deemed necessary.
We offer a competitive compensation package with benefits, 401(k), bonuses, health care, etc., to be tailored to the skills, experience, and contribution of the candidate. For immediate consideration, please reply to this ad with your cover letter and resume. Principals only, no phone calls please.
It is the policy of Hall Equities Group to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status about public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, the Company will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.