Sports Performance Coach
COPA | Walnut Creek, CA | Full Time
SPORTS PERFORMANCE COACH, Hourly and Full-Time Positions.
About the company:
COPA Fit is a unique Fitness and Sports Conditioning facility situated inside COPA Soccer Training Center in Walnut Creek, California. COPA Fit will feature world-class equipment, training spaces, and Sports Science technology. COPA Fit members will enjoy a unique combination of training opportunities:
- Resistance Training Area: dedicated space for all types of training. Selectorized and plate-loaded machines, Olympic lifting racks, free weights with cable systems, and a dedicated turf area for athletic movement. All grounded in top-of-the-line flooring surfaces and lifting platforms.
- “The Running School”: expert running instruction, proven at the highest levels of professional sports, utilizing high-speed treadmills and dynamic movement devices.
- SpeedCourt: sports performance technology from our German partners GlobalSpeed- used by many professional clubs such as Real Madrid and Bayern Munich.
- SpeedTrack: an indoor, “smart” sprint track for training and competition.
- RunRocket: an acceleration training tool designed for athletes of all abilities.
- Spin Studio: equipped with Keiser M3i bikes, large High Def screen and audio system
- Cardio Loft: a raised cardio area which has a great view down into the exciting COPA Cube soccer technology . Equipped with intelligent and fully interactive treadmills, ellipticals, stepmills, and upright bikes.
- Multi-Use Sports Space: roughly 18,000 square feet of gym space with premium ECore Athletic “Bounce” flooring. Uses to include a variety of group exercise classes, basketball, volleyball, pickleball, futsal, and more.
- Locker Rooms: lockers, showers, and towel service for all members.
COPA Soccer Training Center (COPA) is a state-of-the-art soccer training center for athletes of all ages. COPA’s mission is to improve the Physical, Technical, and Cognitive abilities of athletes with objective assessment-based training in a comprehensive full-service training center. At the heart of the facility are cutting-edge, proprietary athletic training tools and technologies which emphasize a quantitative approach to development. COPA will supplement the work of youth soccer clubs, school programs, academy, collegiate, and professional organizations by providing the ways and means for individual athletes to get to another level.
COPA will supplement its core business mission with its own COPA Kids program aimed at the young athletes who want to have fun and develop their cognitive abilities and coordination through an introduction to the sport of soccer. Also offered will be leagues, camps, parties, and other events.
COPA is a part of the Shadelands Sports Mall in Walnut Creek, CA. Other tenants of the Sports Mall include Encore Gymnastics, The Ultimate Fieldhouse basketball facility, Mike Murphy Baseball, American Swim Academy, Vibe Volleyball, Sparta Tae Kwon Do, and Raga Yoga.
About the Position:
Our Performance Coaches will be our Strength and Conditioning Experts, heading up the strength and movement training sessions and other offerings we provide for our members. This will be an opportunity to coach small groups of athletes from many sports, from young players up through professionals.
- Customer Service! We will pride ourselves on the high quality of the Customer Experience we provide.
- We are looking for staff members who are professional, enthusiastic, motivated, and friendly.
- Maintain the high standard of appearance of our top-class facility.
- Ability to learn and become comfortable with our new technology- operating software and hardware which will be integral to our facility.
- Must be comfortable and skillful in dealing with all ages. We provide a fun and rewarding experience!
- College Degree in Exercise Science/Kinesiology or related field preferred.
- Experience as a Conditioning Coach with athletes at various levels.
- CSCS, CPT or related certifications are expected.
- Nutrition and General Population Wellness knowledge are expected.
- Current CPR/AED certification.
PERKS OF WORKING AT COPA FIT:
- Competitive compensation, eligible for annual performance rewards and base increases.
- Strong potential for advancement in this exciting, groundbreaking organization.
- Regular staff training sessions, exercise options, and fun activities.
REQUIREMENTS: Physical effort and exertion required for this role. May include: all exercise and sports-related movements, maintenance of equipment, lifting weights up to 45 pounds, and prolonged walking and standing. We are a health and wellness company, so we hope all employees will be inspired to lead by example! Ability to dependably arrive on time at our Walnut Creek facility is a must. All new hires must successfully complete a background check as a condition of employment.
This job description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with the position; and will be reviewed by Management periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Management reserves the right to modify duties as deemed necessary.
We offer a competitive compensation package with benefits, 401(k), bonuses, health care, etc., to be tailored to the skills, experience, and contribution of the candidate. For immediate consideration, please reply to this ad with your cover letter and resume. Principals only, no phone calls please.
It is the policy of Hall Equities Group to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status about public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, the Company will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.