COPA | Walnut Creek, CA | Part Time
COPA Train- Soccer Trainer
About the company:
COPA Soccer Training Center (COPA) is a state-of-the-art soccer training center for athletes of all ages. COPA’s mission is to improve the Physical, Technical, and Cognitive abilities of athletes with objective assessment-based training in a comprehensive full-service training center. At the heart of the facility are cutting-edge, proprietary athletic training tools and technologies which emphasize a quantitative approach to development.
COPA Train is a membership-based soccer training program that will work as a supplement to the work of youth soccer clubs, school programs, academy, collegiate, and professional organizations by providing the ways and means for individual athletes to get to another level.
COPA will supplement its core business mission with its own COPA Kids program aimed at the young athletes who want to have fun and develop their cognitive abilities and coordination through an introduction to the sport of soccer. Also offered will be leagues, camps, parties, and other events.
COPA is a part of the Shadelands Sports Mall in Walnut Creek, CA. Other tenants of the Sports Mall include Encore Gymnastics, The Ultimate Fieldhouse basketball facility, Mike Murphy Baseball, American Swim Academy, Vibe Volleyball, Sparta Tae Kwon Do, and Raga Yoga.
About the Position:
A COPA Train Trainer is responsible for administering small group training sessions for no more than six athletes at a time in our different training devices and locations.
- Administering soccer training sessions in daily membership training sessions.
- Supporting the Director of COPA Train with special events and camps.
- Supporting management with assessment-related activities.
- Assisting with hospitality and guest services.
- Customer Service! We will pride ourselves on the high quality of the Customer Experience we provide.
- We are looking for staff members who are professional, enthusiastic, motivated, and friendly.
- Maintain the high standard appearance of our top-class facility.
- Ability to learn and become comfortable with our new technology- operating software and hardware which will be integral to our facility.
- Must be comfortable and skillful in dealing with all ages. We provide a fun and rewarding experience!
- Soccer Playing and Coaching Expertise.
- Credentials and Education required.
- Experience working with a variety of ages and abilities is a plus.
- Experience coaching with technology
- Customer relations experience
- Communication proficiency
- Problem solving/analysis
- Decision making
REQUIREMENTS: Physical effort and exertion required for this role. May include: all exercise and sports-related movements, maintenance of equipment, lifting weights up to 45 pounds, and prolonged walking and standing. We are a health and wellness company, so we hope all employees will be inspired to lead by example! Ability to dependably arrive on time at our Walnut Creek facility is a must. All new hires must successfully complete a background check as a condition of employment.
PERKS OF WORKING AT COPA STC:
- Competitive compensation with eligibility for performance rewards and pay increases.
- Insurance coverage and benefits for full-time employees.
- Strong potential for advancements in this exciting, groundbreaking organization.
- Regular staff training sessions, exercise options, and team involvement.
This job description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with the position; and will be reviewed by Management periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Management reserves the right to modify duties as deemed necessary.
We offer a competitive compensation package with benefits, 401(k), bonuses, health care, etc., to be tailored to the skills, experience, and contribution of the candidate. For immediate consideration, please reply to this ad with your cover letter and resume. Principals only, no phone calls please.
It is the policy of COPA Soccer Training Center to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status about public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, the Company will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.