SENIOR MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN
Multi-Family | Lawrence, KS | Full Time
SENIOR MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN
This is an exciting opportunity to join a leader in property management and hotel management. We are a privately held management firm, with our corporate offices located in Northern California. Our organization consists of several management companies. Our property management company oversees a diversified portfolio of client-owned real estate properties, including holdings in the Retail, Multi-Family Residential, Office, and Industrial markets. Separately, we have a hospitality management company which operates a high-growth chain of hotels across the United States. Finally, our newest venture involves the management of a sports complex which provides specialty high-performance athletic training
The position supports four multi-family locations in the Lawrence, Kansas market. These locations include Ironwood Court, Park West Gardens, Park West Townhomes, and Remington Square, which provide superior living accommodations in the form of Studio to five-bedroom apartments / townhomes for a total of 444 units. The position will require travel and work at these four properties.
The Senior Maintenance Technician has the overall responsibility to safely maintain the physical condition and overall appearance of the property. This includes cleanliness; curb appeal within the grounds, amenities, building exteriors, leasing office, parking lot and other common areas.
The Senior Maintenance Technician reports directly to the Resident Property Manager and Regional Manager.
• Diagnose, conduct, or assign routine repairs, including but not limited to; plumbing, electrical, HVAC, carpentry, and custodial work
• Coordinate turnovers of vacant units including; demolition, janitorial, painting, general maintenance
• Conduct regular property inspections of interior common areas, restrooms, maintenance closets and exterior grounds to develop a good preventative maintenance plan
• Develop and follow preventative maintenance programs
• Oversee and inspect work performed by vendors
• Ensure resident requests for maintenance service are responded to quickly and courteously to increase resident satisfaction
• Ensure a safe, professional, and courteous work environment while adhering to all federal, state, and local multi-family laws and ordinances
• Perform any additional duties assigned by resident property manager or designate to protect the investment of the property owner and cultivate resident satisfaction
• On call shifts will be required
• He or she will also be responsible to perform or assist with maintenance duties at other properties within the portfolio as needed
• Inspect property grounds and property equipment daily e.g. pool area/equipment, spa, fitness room, for safety and cleanliness
• Assist residents with move-in/move-out process as needed
• Develop and implement emergency procedures in compliance with CAL OSHA
• (2) Years Multi-Family maintenance experience
• EPA certification type I and II
• General knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
• General knowledge of all aspects of maintenance
• Knowledgeable and skilled in the safe use of hand tools and small power tools.
• Self-motivated with a positive attitude
• Valid Driver's License with current auto insurance
• Ability to pass drug testing
• Ability to use property software program, such as MRI, to log activity for work orders, turnovers and projects
• Strong attention to detail
• High customer service skills
Pay Rate: $18 to $21 per hour, based on experience.
We offer a competitive compensation package with benefits, 401K, bonuses, etc., to be tailored to the skills, experience, and contribution of the candidate. For immediate consideration, please send your resume and salary requirements. Please include the phrase " Senior Maintenance Technician" in the subject line of your e-mail.