PORTER / GROUNDSKEEPER
Multi-Family | Vancouver, WA | Full Time
PORTER / GROUNDSKEEPER
We are a privately held management firm, with our corporate offices located in Northern California. Our organization consists of several management companies. Our property management company oversees a diversified portfolio of client-owned real estate properties, including holdings in the Retail, Multi-Family Residential, Office, and Industrial markets. Separately, we have a hospitality management company which operates a high-growth chain of hotels across the United States. Finally, our newest venture involves the management of a sports complex which provides specialty high-performance athletic training.
We are currently looking to hire a full-time porter/groundskeeper who is energetic, outgoing, and motivated. This person will be located at our Vancouver, WA property Aspenridge Apartments.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Porter/Groundskeeper is responsible for daily maintenance and care of landscaping tools and equipment (blower, pressure washer, etc.), and notify the supervisor concerning issues related to grounds that would be handled by the landscaping vendor. He/she is responsible for keeping the exterior and common areas of the property clean on a daily basis. The Porter/Groundskeeper also helps with cleaning make‐ready units and assisting the maintenance team as needed. Supervisor may assign additional duties as necessary.
The Porter/Groundskeeper adds value to the Property Management Team by assuring that the entire community is maintained at the highest level of excellence in order to offer our residents an amazing living experience.
The Porter/Groundskeeper must be a self‐motivated individual and be able to complete the assigned tasks with little or no supervision. May be assigned work at another property in a time of crisis or special need for that property.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Ensure property appearance meets or exceeds company standards at all times including community office, model
apartment, amenity areas, etc.
• Assists team by offering support for community functions
• Assure a world class level of service to new residents by assuring that their move into their new residence meets or exceeds their expectations.
• Perform regular custodial duties around the property and maintain the common areas, including sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, dusting, and removing trash
• Complete grounds work as directed by Community Manager which may include picking up trash, blowing the parking area and sidewalks, etc.
• Cleaning dumpster areas, trash termination rooms and trash chute rooms daily
• Thoroughly clean breezeways by removing cobwebs, bugs in lights, mopping floors and wiping down doors
• Effectively communicate with residents, guests, visitors and staff as needed
• Complete service orders in an efficient and timely manner (24 hours)
• Perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
The Porter/Groundskeeper should have good practical experience in landscape gardening or equivalent experience. Should possess good communication skills, should be able to interact with residents, fellow co‐workers and vendors.
The following qualifications are required:
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Basic proficiency of reading and writing of the English language
• Minimum one year full‐time related experience
• Willingness to perform all required tasks
• Demonstrated knowledge of work safety habits
• Ability to professionally represent the company
• Maintain a valid drivers’ license and reliable transportation
• Able to work on‐call (as necessary and/or an emergency arises) and extended hours (including after hours and weekends)
• Attention to detail ‐ meticulous
• Ability to organize & prioritize work
• Social Skills in order to interact with residents
• Ability to work individually and on a team
• Takes pride in their work
• Positive attitude
Due to the physical nature of this position, the individual must be able to pick up and/or move between 25 to 60 lbs. regularly, pick up and move heavy items as needed (e.g. blower, ladder, etc.), and climb up and down stairs and ladders. This position requires work to be performed in both indoor and outdoor environments, in both hot and cold temperatures. This position requires the associate to be on his/her feet for extended periods.
DRESS CODE/PERSONAL APPEARANCE
Creating the proper impression is critical when representing the community and company. Uniforms will be worn by Maintenance team members at all times, including ID badges, while on the job. The associate is responsible for keeping the uniform fresh and clean in appearance. Associates are responsible for keeping their attire fresh and clean in appearance.
The Groundskeeper position is considered vital to the overall operation of the property. Resident retention programs depend largely upon the performance and professionalism of the Maintenance team. Total commitment to the position and property operations is paramount. Associates may be requested to assist with additional duties, responsibilities and projects at any time without notice. Professional conduct and appearance are required at all times.
We offer a competitive compensation package with benefits, 401K, bonuses, etc., to be tailored to the skills, experience, and contribution of the candidate.