Accounting | Walnut Creek, CA | Full Time
This is an exciting opportunity to join a leader in property management and hotel management. Hall Equities Group is a small, private family business with over 50 years of experience, with diversified holdings in 16 states, ranging from hotels to waterparks, to industrial complexes, self-storage, shopping centers, apartment buildings, and sports complexes. This is the place to grow your career!
The payroll administrator position assists in the payroll process and performs accounting-related tasks and may assist in benefit and other human resource related administration.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Analyzes, prepares and inputs payroll data. Typically uses automated system to produce accurate and timely payroll. Ensures compliance with all applicable state and federal wage and hour laws.
- Prepares weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports (gross payroll, hours worked, vacation accrual, tax deductions, benefit deductions, etc.) for management.
- Performs various journal entries, account reconciliations, and provides some general ledger support.
- Maintains current knowledge of applicable state and federal wage and hour laws.
- Stays current on payroll systems to achieve alignment with HR benefits and other related and to ensure effective accounting support.
- Facilitates management and employee understanding of payroll procedures.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule when necessary.
- Must be organized, honest, keep information confidential and work well with others.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Communication proficiency.
- Technical capacity.
- Personal effectiveness/credibility.
- Financial management.
- Time management.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPEREINCE
- High school diploma or GED.
- At least 3 years of experience with payroll systems and related software programs.
- Related work experience in a multi-unit setting, assisting remote locations
- Multi-unit work experience in a retail or hospitality industry a plus.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bending or standing on a stool as necessary.
We offer a competitive compensation package with benefits, paid time off, 401(k), bonuses, etc., to be tailored to the skills, experience, and contribution of the candidate.
Principals only. Recruiters may not contact this job poster. Please, no phone calls about this job.
It is the policy of Hall Equities Group to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status about public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, the Company will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.