Multi-Family | Walnut Creek, CA | Full Time
Operations Manager – Multi-Family Properties
ABOUT HALL EQUITIES GROUP
We are a privately held, Real Estate investment, development, and property management firm located in easily accessible offices in downtown Walnut Creek. Our company is team-oriented and high energy. We operate a diversified portfolio of office buildings, multi-family apartments, retail shopping centers, industrial complexes, hotels, and others in nine states. We are looking for an Operations Manager to support our Multi-Family Portfolio Manager who is responsible for approximately 14 Multi-Family properties nationwide. We provide a professional work environment with an upbeat and positive team of people focused on providing superior investment opportunities for private real estate investors.
- Operation Manager reports directly to the Portfolio Manager.
- Assist with oversight of day-to-day operations for 14 properties totaling 1,500 units nationwide located in California, Washington, Oklahoma and Kansas.
- Assist with management of 30 on-site staff of community managers, assistant managers, leasing agents and maintenance technicians.
- Assist with creation and implementation of policies and procedures to streamline work flows with the objective to improve portfolio performance.
- Oversee and monitor marketing and leasing strategies.
- Prepare monthly financial reports including narrative, income and expense variance reporting, aged-delinquencies, debt-service, and NOI objectives.
- Assist in the preparation of detailed annual budgets including asset valuation, year-over-year historical analysis, cash flow analysis and forecasting.
- Manage escalated resident concerns, legal hearings, meditation/arbitrations in accordance with landlord/tenant fair housing laws.
- Assist with project oversight and detailed review of CapEx projects.
- Negotiate and prepare vendor recurring service contracts.
- Perform quarterly property inspections.
- Be available to assist and provide backup to other portfolio managers in the Property Management Division, as well as project managers in the Development Division, as needed.
- Occasional travel required 1-2 times per month locally, 10% multi-state.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS (“MUST HAVES”):
• Attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
• Intermediate to Advanced Excel and Word skills.
• Strong organizational skills and effective interpersonal relationship skills.
• Excellent communication and follow-up skills.
• Speed, efficiency, the ability to multi-task multiple projects, and working under deadline.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS “NICE-TO-HAVES”:
• Familiarity with real estate management/accounting software, such as MRI or Yardi.
• Property Management Experience.
• CPM or CCRM designation, College degree, or Real Estate License will all be viewed favorably.
We offer a competitive compensation package with benefits, Paid Time Off, 401(k), bonuses, etc., to be tailored to the skills, experience, and contribution of the candidate.
For immediate consideration, please reply with your cover letter and resume. Please include the phrase “Assistant Portfolio Manager – Multi-Family Properties” in the title of your e-mail.