MEPFS Lead Engineer
RAD Design Group | Walnut Creek, CA | Full Time
Job Description: MEPFS Lead Engineer
RAD Urban is developing a new technology that is changing the AEC industry, and we are looking for professionals to join our team. Our last version of our technology took the construction site and placed it in the controlled environment of the factory. We are now taking it further and fully embracing manufacturing while understanding how this new approach changes the design and engineering process.
We are looking for an experienced engineer with a desire to be a part of something truly innovative in the modular building industry. The right candidate will have experience in design, layout, sizing and documentation of MEPFS systems, and most importantly, will be open to rethinking what was learned in the traditional AEC environment to apply their expertise to a different building engineering approach. You will drive the development and documentation of the Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing systems in collaboration with the Director of Structural Engineering and the Director of Architecture.
- Lead the MEPFS engineering efforts for the development and manufacturing phases of the factory-built modules and manufactured MEP components
- Collaborate with Structural, Architectural and Manufacturing teams.
- Prepare mechanical systems plans, specifications, and study reports to accomplish the goals and objective of this project.
- Responsible for basis of design documents on building systems, specifications and a complete set of drawings on the dwelling units covering mechanical, electrical, plumbing and fire sprinkler systems
- Build and manage a team of engineers
- Develop and maintain project plan to ensure scope, schedule, and budget correspond with management expectations
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with internal and external clients
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Architectural Engineering
- Professional Engineer registration (Mechanical discipline)
- 10+ years of relevant experience, modular or manufacturing experience is a plus
- Advanced understanding of mechanical building systems and energy use
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills including, but not limited to, the ability to listen effectively and solicit input from others
- Advanced understanding of building codes relevant to mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems, and ASHRAE standards and guidelines
- Organizational skills including, but not limited to, the ability to handle multiple demands and assignments, and the ability to prioritize tasks effectively and efficiently.
Skills and Abilities
- A passion for innovation and manufacturing with intellectual curiosity and a desire to learn
- Ability and desire to work cross functionally with manufacturing leaders, supply chain, construction leaders, HR, FP&A among others
- Strong Revit skills is a must; Solid Works knowledge and modeling experience is a plus
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Big picture and long term focused (think about the factory and the organization
We offer a competitive compensation package with benefits, 401K, bonuses, etc., to be tailored to the skills, experience, and contribution of the candidate.
Hall Equities Group offers a competitive compensation package with benefits, 401K, and bonuses. Principals only. Recruiters may not contact this job poster. Please, no phone calls about this job.
This job description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with the position; and will be reviewed by Management periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Management reserves the right to modify duties as deemed necessary.
We offer a competitive compensation package with benefits, 401(k), bonuses, health care, etc., to be tailored to the skills, experience, and contribution of the candidate. For immediate consideration, please reply to this ad with your cover letter and resume. Principals only, no phone calls please.
It is the policy of Hall Equities Group to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status about public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, the Company will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.