Member Relations Manager
COPA | Walnut Creek, CA | Full Time
Who We Are
COPA Soccer Training Center (COPA STC) is a 110,000 sqft state-of-the-art soccer training and fitness facility in the Shadelands SportsMall in Walnut Creek, California. COPA STC utilizes the world’s most advanced training and assessment technology, leading sports science techniques, and proven training methodologies to develop an objective and quantitative approach to the assessment and development of athletes. Our elite level coaching staff leverages objective data to develop the technical, physical, and cognitive aspects of an athlete.
By bringing training and assessment technology exclusively used by the world’s top clubs and players to grassroots development, COPA STC strives to provide a fun, dynamic, and research-based environment for soccer players of all ages and abilities to develop and thrive as athletes and as human beings.
We are passionate about high-performance living and the future of soccer in the United States. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within themselves and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don’t settle for the status quo. We aren’t just a company; we are a community that is committed to growth and success. We value humility and a team-centered approach to responsibilities at every level of the company. If you are a high-performing individual who is passionate about inspiring others, then consider COPA STC’s exciting career opportunities.
Job Overview / Position Description
COPA STC is currently seeking a Member Relations Manager. This person will work tirelessly for COPA’s members to make sure they feel supported. This person will be skilled in dealing with people and their needs and motivated by making a member’s experience at COPA rewarding and memorable. The Member Relations Manager will be invested in member retention and promoting the ultimate COPA member experience, thus fostering a positive reputation in the community. This person will also identify potential issues with our services that may hinder customers’ overall goals while being a COPA member. The Member Relations Manager will focus on implementing proactive procedures that improve the member’s experience.
Oversee all COPA Member Relations including but not limited to the following:
- Build and maintain relationships with members from all COPA programs
- Work quickly to resolve customer issues
- Work with the sales team to ensure inquiring and new members are aware of COPA procedures.
- Daily membership billing reconciliation
- Execute membership requests – freezes, cancellations, program switches, training day/time switches and program upgrade/downgrades
- Assist with general customer experience
- Assist with emails, phone calls, and front desk requests
- Support the needs of the Ops Director
Weekly and Bi-Weekly
- Implementation and Execution of COPA Member Loyalty Program including tracking members points and distribution of rewards.
- Implement Member Initiation Program including email communication, welcome packet, and new member facility familiarization.
- Manage member re-schedule credit program including approval of credits and scheduling of usage. Responsible for ensuring members are validating credits.
- Responsible for purchasing card request and approval and receipt tracking from all employees
Monthly and Quarterly
- Responsible for COPA policy and procedure updates and implementation as pertaining to member relations
- Along with Customer Relations Manager, evaluate current positive and negative trends in the company and cultivate a culture of improvement.
- Help promote and maintain a positive image of COPA in community
- Purchasing card reconciliation
- Responsible for any required accounts audits
As Needed or Ongoing
- Process Creation: Collaborate with Customer Service Manager in creation of new policies that will improve the member experience as business grows and processes change
- Staffing: Execute staffing – as membership increases, hire and train a team of motivated customer relations representatives
- Methodology: Ensure consistency exists in the messaging from membership relations to COPA members and the implementation of product from program directors
- Data: Work with Customer Relations Manager to recognize trends in membership decline in an attempt to formulate strategies for maintaining high member retention
- Growth & Outreach Strategies: Support sales team to implement growth strategies that may require support from current members.
- Consumer Education: Educate members on general practices at COPA that will help make overall experience smooth and comprehensible
- Other Programs: Provide support to all verticals as new programs are implemented so membership is aware of creation and application. Help create new programs that will improve the overall member experience
- Documentation: Record and document the necessary protocols and strategies needed for customer relations program
- Teamwork: Assist in all other facets of the business as self-identified, as needed or instructed by the Technical Director and/or General Manager.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Intuitive to member needs
- Strong problem solving, adaptability and decision making
- Ability to analyze and solve problems quickly
- Attentive to detail and organized
- Ability to work well with others and lead a team
- Ability to work under pressure, meeting deadlines and working simultaneously on multiple projects in an ever advancing start up
- Must be able to shift between multiple responsibilities at once without quality of performance dropping
- Forward thinker with ability to recognize benefits and drawbacks of program implementation
- Possesses a positive can-do attitude
- 5+ years of customer service experience
- 2+ years experience leading a small team of customer service representatives
- A Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and other basic software
- Ability to learn new programs quickly, often by self-teaching
- Excellent communication skills; verbal, written, and presentation
- Soccer experience or background a plus but not required
This job description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with the position; and will be reviewed by Management periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Management reserves the right to modify duties as deemed necessary.
We offer a competitive compensation package with benefits, 401(k), bonuses, health care, etc., to be tailored to the skills, experience, and contribution of the candidate. For immediate consideration, please reply to this ad with your cover letter and resume. Principals only, no phone calls please.
It is the policy of Hall Equities Group to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status about public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, the Company will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.