Engineering | Walnut Creek, CA | Full Time
COPA Innovation Laboratories’ mission is to create athletic training facilities, methodologies, and technologies designed to bring a quantitative and objective approach to athletic talent development, with an emphasis on soccer. Assessment based training is made possible by bench marking key metrics, which are established using tools designed to create actionable quantitative data. COPA is leading the way in assessment-based training, and the technology platforms that support this mission.
We are looking for talented engineers who also have a passion for Soccer, want to push technology, and want to be part of this process. This will make athletes and trainers more effective and open brand-new ways of thinking about talent development in the sport of soccer.
- Work with other engineering team members to improve the product design of athletic training equipment to the consumer product level integrating plastic, metal, & electrical control components
- Work with ID, EE and Product marketing teams to define requirements, develop concepts, design and deliver new athletic training products
- Simplify & standardize electro-mechanical components, mechanisms, parts, & sub-assemblies to facilitate manufacturability and remain within cost constraints
- Responsible for design documentation, creating manufacturing drawings & BOMs, cost estimation, maintenance plans & developing tools/fixtures
- Assess, maintain, and debug new & existing prototype machines focusing on reliability testing and demonstrate iterative improvements on the way to production
- Develop testing methods & use statistical analysis to quantify product performance against requirements
- Perform engineering calculations in sizing components (motors, shafts, bearings, fasteners, etc)
- Establish the supply chain by working with manufacturing partners, sub-tier vendors, & in-house fabrication to support component & prototype builds
- Be able to travel to Walnut Creek, CA
- BS in Mechanical engineering or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with manufacturing and manufacturing processes (e.g., injection molding, sheet metal, and CNC machining).
- Expert level CAD skills in Solidworks
- 2+ years of experience
- Knowledge of Mechanical Engineering and design principles
- Experience in developing a product from prototype to commercial
- Experience in product testing & statistical analysis
- Familiarity with motion control & automation