Propety Management | Lacey, WA | Full Time
We are a privately held management firm, with corporate offices located in Walnut Creek, California. Our company is team-oriented and high energy. We are looking for an experienced Maintenance Technician. We provide a professional work environment with an upbeat and positive team of people focused on providing superior investment opportunities for private real estate investors.
Our organization consists of several management companies. Our property management company oversees a diversified portfolio of client-owned real estate properties, including holdings in the Retail, Multi-Family Residential, Office, and Industrial markets. Separately, we have a hospitality management company which operates a high-growth chain of hotels across the United States.
The Maintenance Technician has the overall responsibility to safely maintain the physical condition and overall appearance of Britton Place Apartments. Britton Place is a brand new, 192-unit, “Class A” property in Lacey, WA. This includes cleanliness; curb appeal within the grounds, amenities, building exteriors, leasing office, parking lot and other common areas.
The Maintenance Technician reports directly to the Community Manager. Under direction of the Community Manager, supervise and schedule maintenance activities for apartment community. Must be willing and able to perform all maintenance functions as needed.
- Work with office team and Community Manager
- Diagnose, conduct, or assign routine repairs, including but not limited to; plumbing, electrical, HVAC, carpentry, and custodial work
- Coordinate turnovers of vacant units including; demolition, janitorial, painting, general maintenance.
- Must be able to perform turn-over work as-needed
- Conduct regular property inspections of interior common areas, restrooms, maintenance closets and exterior grounds to develop a good preventative maintenance plan.
- Use maintenance platform to track and monitor maintenance and turn-over items.
- Walk all vacancies and determine make-ready needs.
- Cultivate resident satisfaction.
- Develop and follow preventative maintenance programs.
- Identify and correct hazardous community conditions.
- Oversee and inspect work performed by vendors.
- Ensure resident requests for maintenance service are responded to quickly and courteously to increase resident satisfaction.
- Ensure a safe, professional, and courteous work environment while adhering to all federal, state, and local multi-family laws and ordinances.
- Perform any additional duties assigned by resident property manager or designate to protect the investment of the property owner and cultivate resident satisfaction.
- On-call availability required.
- He or she will also be responsible to perform or assist with maintenance duties at other properties within the portfolio as needed.
- Inspect property grounds and property equipment daily e.g. pool area/equipment, spa, fitness room, for safety and cleanliness.
- Assist residents with move-in/move-out process as needed.
- Develop and implement emergency procedures in compliance with CAL OSHA.
- Complete punch walks prior to open with Community Manager and construction teams.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to handle/feel/reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and talk/hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pound, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job includes close vision, distance vision, depth perception.
As for skills: working knowledge of electrical, plumbing, carpentry, painting, dry-walling, and general maintenance and cleaning.
- 3-5 years Multi-Family maintenance experience
- General knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- General knowledge of all aspects of maintenance.
- Knowledgeable and skilled in the safe use of hand tools and small power tools.
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude
- Valid Driver’s License with current auto insurance
- Ability to pass drug testing
- Ability to use property software program, such as MRI, to log activity for work orders, turnovers and projects
- Strong attention to detail
- High customer service skills
We offer a competitive compensation package with benefits, 401K, bonuses, etc., to be tailored to the skills, experience, and contribution of the candidate. For immediate consideration, please send your resume and salary requirements. Please include the phrase “Maintenance Technician – Britton Place” in the title of your e-mail.