Multi-Family | Lawrence, KS | Full Time
This is an exciting opportunity to join a leader in property and hotel management. Hall Equities Group is a private family business with over 50 years of experience, with diversified holdings in 16 states, ranging from hotels to waterparks, to industrial complexes, self-storage, shopping centers, and apartment buildings. Our company is team-oriented and high energy. We are looking for an experienced Maintenance Technician who is energetic, outgoing, and motivated for a 444 unit multi-family portfolio located in Lawrence, Kansas. We provide a professional work environment with an upbeat and positive team of people focused on providing superior investment opportunities for private real estate investors.
The Maintenance Technician has the overall responsibility to safely maintain the physical condition and overall appearance of the property. This includes cleanliness; curb appeal within the grounds, amenities, building exteriors, leasing office, parking lot and other common areas.
The Maintenance Technician reports directly to the Resident Property Manager and Maintenance Supervisor.
- Diagnose, conduct, or assign routine repairs, including but not limited to; plumbing, electrical, HVAC, carpentry, and custodial work.
- Coordinate turnovers of vacant units including; demolition, janitorial, painting, general maintenance.
- Conduct regular property inspections of interior common areas, restrooms, maintenance closets and exterior grounds.
- Develop and follow preventative maintenance programs.
- Oversee and inspect work performed by vendors.
- Ensure resident requests for maintenance service are responded to quickly and courteously to increase resident satisfaction.
- Ensure a safe, professional, and courteous work environment while adhering to all federal, state, and local multi-family laws and ordinances.
- Perform any additional duties assigned by resident property manager or designate to protect the investment of the property owner and cultivate resident satisfaction.
- On call shifts will be required.
- He or she will also be responsible to perform or assist with maintenance duties at other properties within the portfolio as needed.
- Inspect property grounds and property equipment daily e.g. pool area/equipment, spa, fitness room, for safety and cleanliness.
- Assist residents with move-in/move-out process as needed.
- Assists in preparation for adverse weather conditions, including snow removal and ice melt application.
- HVAC certification and at least 1 year of experience in property maintenance or equivalent field.
- Ability to pass drug testing.
- Valid Driver’s License with current Insurance.
This job description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with the position; and will be reviewed by Management periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Management reserves the right to modify duties as deemed necessary.
We offer a competitive compensation package with benefits, 401(k), bonuses, health care, etc., to be tailored to the skills, experience, and contribution of the candidate. For immediate consideration, please reply to this ad with your cover letter and resume. Principals only, no phone calls please.
It is the policy of Hall Equities Group to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status about public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, the Company will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.