Multi-Family | Walnut Creek, CA | Full Time
We are a privately held, Real Estate investment, development, and property management firm located in well-appointed and easily accessible offices in downtown Walnut Creek. We operate a diversified portfolio of office buildings, multi-family apartments, retail shopping centers, industrial complexes, hotels, and others in nine states. We are currently seeking an experienced Maintenance Technician to join our dynamic team.
The Maintenance Technician has the overall responsibility to safely maintain the physical condition and overall appearance of the property located at a newly built “Class A” property in the downtown Walnut Creek area. This includes cleanliness; curb appeal within the grounds, amenities, building exteriors, leasing office, parking lot and other common areas. He or she will oversee other maintenance staff and reports directly to the Resident Property Manager and Portfolio Manager.
- Diagnose, conduct, or assign routine repairs, including but not limited to; plumbing, electrical, HVAC, carpentry, and custodial work
- Coordinate turnovers of vacant units including; demolition, janitorial, painting, general maintenance.
- Conduct regular property inspections of interior common areas, restrooms, maintenance closets and exterior grounds to develop a good preventative maintenance plan
- Develop and follow preventative maintenance programs.
- Delegate, oversee and inspect work performed by vendors.
- Ensure resident requests for maintenance service are responded to quickly and courteously to increase resident satisfaction.
- Ensure a safe, professional, and courteous work environment while adhering to all federal, state, and local multi-family laws and ordinances.
- Perform any additional duties assigned by resident property manager or designate to protect the investment of the property owner and cultivate resident satisfaction
- On call shifts will be required.
- 3-5 years Multi-Family maintenance experience
- Ability to motivate and train staff in a professional manner
- General knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- General knowledge of all aspects of maintenance
- Knowledgeable and skilled in the safe use of hand tools and small power tools.
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude
- Valid Driver’s License with current auto insurance
- Ability to pass drug testing
We offer a competitive compensation package with benefits, 401K, bonuses, etc., to be tailored to the skills, experience, and contribution of the candidate. For immediate consideration, please send your resume and salary requirements.