Multi-Family | Lawrence, KS | Full Time
Our company is team-oriented and high energy. We are looking for an experienced Maintenance Technician who is energetic, outgoing, and motivated for a multi-family portfolio located in Lawrence, Kansas. We provide a professional work environment with an upbeat and positive team of people focused on providing superior investment opportunities for private real estate investors.
Our organization consists of several management companies. Our property management company oversees a diversified portfolio of client-owned real estate properties, including holdings in the Retail, Multi-Family Residential, Office, and Industrial markets.
The Maintenance Technician has the overall responsibility to safely maintain the physical condition and overall appearance of the property. This includes cleanliness; curb appeal within the grounds, amenities, building exteriors, leasing office, parking lot and other common areas.
The Maintenance Technician reports directly to the Resident Property Manager and Maintenance Supervisor.
• Diagnose, conduct, or assign routine repairs, including but not limited to; plumbing, electrical, HVAC, carpentry, and custodial work
• Coordinate turnovers of vacant units including; demolition, janitorial, painting, general maintenance
• Conduct regular property inspections of interior common areas, restrooms, maintenance closets and exterior grounds to develop a good preventative maintenance plan
• Develop and follow preventative maintenance programs
• Oversee and inspect work performed by vendors
• Ensure resident requests for maintenance service are responded to quickly and courteously to increase resident satisfaction
• Ensure a safe, professional, and courteous work environment while adhering to all federal, state, and local multi-family laws and ordinances
• Perform any additional duties assigned by resident property manager or designate to protect the investment of the property owner and cultivate resident satisfaction
• On call shifts will be required
• He or she will also be responsible to perform or assist with maintenance duties at other properties within the portfolio as needed
• Inspect property grounds and property equipment daily e.g. pool area/equipment, spa, fitness room, for safety and cleanliness
• Assist residents with move-in/move-out process as needed
• Develop and implement emergency procedures in compliance with CAL OSHA
• Multi-Family maintenance experience
• General knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
• General knowledge of all aspects of maintenance
• Knowledgeable and skilled in the safe use of hand tools and small power tools.
• Self-motivated with a positive attitude
• Valid Driver's License with current auto insurance
• Ability to pass drug testing
• Ability to use property software program, such as MRI, to log activity for work orders, turnovers and projects
• Strong attention to detail
• High customer service skills
We offer a competitive compensation package with benefits, 401K, bonuses, etc., to be tailored to the skills, experience, and contribution of the candidate. For immediate consideration, please send your resume and salary requirements.