Propety Management | Lawrence, KS | Temporary
This is an exciting opportunity to join a leader in property management and hotel management. Hall Equities Group is a small, private family business with over 50 years of experience, with diversified holdings in 16 states, ranging from hotels to industrial complexes, self-storage, shopping centers, and apartment buildings. This position is responsible for leasing a 444-unit apartment complex portfolio located in Lawrence, Kansas. We are looking for an experienced Leasing Agent.
This is the place to grow your career!
The LEASING AGENT is the property’s sales representative whose primary duties are to greet prospects, present professionally the features and benefits of the property, and properly secure lease agreements from qualified applicants. In addition, he or she must be able to maintain a professional, yet friendly atmosphere where residents meet. He or She will be required to work a flexible work week including Saturdays.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer incoming phone calls and handle each call whether it is a prospect call, resident, service request, etc. in in upmost professional manner.
- Greet prospective residents, qualify, and determine their needs and preferences, professionally present the community and specific apartment(s) while pointing out features and benefits.
- Maintain awareness of local market conditions and trends. Contribute ideas to the Property Manager for marketing the property and for improving resident satisfaction.
- Inspect show units daily to ensure cleanliness.
- General administrative duties to include but not limited to, the collection and processing of rents, collection and processing of applications, preparation of guest and welcome cards, documenting resident communications in MRI, assisting with completion, and filing of reports, and accompany outside vendors on service requests.
- Physically inspect property when on grounds, pick up litter, and report any service needs to the Property Manager/Portfolio Manager, including but not limited to; cluttered patios, inoperable vehicles, broken windows, water leaks, etc.
- Maintain good standing vendor relationships.
- Post/delivery notices to residents as directed by Property Manager.
- Attend company meetings when requested, which may sometimes be held in the corporate offices or other offsite locations.
- Perform outreach marketing duties and other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Learn and have complete knowledge of company policies and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook and Operations Manual to be received upon employment.
- Immediately notify his or her immediate supervisor of any illegal conduct by a vendor, resident or other employee. If his or her immediate supervisor is the one involved in illegal conduct, notify his/her superior.
- Maintain work area in a clean and organized manner.
- Basic knowledge of Kansas rental housing laws.
- Must be able to pass background check.
- Must have complete knowledge of Fair Housing Compliance laws or attend Fair Housing Training within the first 90 days of employment.
- Must have complete knowledge of lease contracts, applications and other addends and able assist with all aspects of the application process.
- Must have complete knowledge of lease contracts, applications and other addends and able assist with all
This job description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with the position; and will be reviewed by Management periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Management reserves the right to modify duties as deemed necessary.
It is the policy of Hall Equities Group to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status about public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, the Company will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.