Industrial Facilities/Property Manager
Propety Management | Walnut Creek, CA | Full Time
Job Location: Walnut Creek, CA
Reports To: Division Manager, Property Operations
Hall Equities Group is a private, full-service real estate investment, development, and property management company representing the interests of select private investors and company-sponsored group investment entities. We organize and manage investment opportunities on behalf of our partners, their families, our shareholders and our key employees.
With over fifty years’ experience in the real estate industry, we have demonstrated proficiency across multiple property types including industrial, multi-family housing, retail shopping centers, branded and boutique hotels, office buildings, self-storage, subdivisions, and master planned communities.
We have over 55 years of experience managing properties on behalf of both individual and institutional clients. We provide a broad scope of property management and consulting services to our clients with a personal approach to maximizing cash flow, long term equity growth, and the physical integrity and enhancement of the asset. Our philosophy of embracing each client’s specific real estate investment objectives and our depth and experience as owners gives a high level of satisfaction and peace of mind that we manage client property as if it were our own. We are an Accredited Management Organization with the Institute of Real Estate Management.
To ensure that all properties within the portfolio are operating at optimal levels. This must be done through a combination of, diligent lease administration, and good client, vendor, and tenant relations. This person will be responsible for all operational facets of managing the property, including frequent site visits, hands-on project management, vendor and tenant relations, and assisting with budgeting and property-level reporting. The qualified candidate will have expert understanding and knowledge of equipment and facilities specific to industrial property types and will also work closely with leasing. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time. Local travel required.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Ability to understand financial goals and operate assets in accordance with ownership goals.
- Build and maintain positive client relationships.
- Manage local, state, and federal regulatory requirements and compliance.
- Represent the company in a professional manner at all times.
- Ensure compliance with company and/or property Policies & Procedures.
- Develop operating and capital improvement budgets
- Monitor activity at each property to ensure all activities are meeting or exceeding ownership and company goals. Perform regular site inspections to assess physical property condition. This includes preparation of comprehensive annual inspection reports.
- Remote/on-site work required, including management of daily operations.
- Manage capital and tenant improvement projects and property repairs.
- Source and oversee 3rd party contracts and service providers.
- Preparation of monthly operational narratives.
- Effective cost controls.
- Perform other services and duties as needed
- Ability to problem solve
- On-Boarding new properties.
- Ensure all required maintenance is performed
Responsible for co-supervision of an assistant property manager. Includes performance evaluations and recommendations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Knowledge of building systems and construction
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Industrial property management experience
- Must know how to understand and review property financial statements
- Must be proficient in MS Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Must be highly organized with good communication skills
- Familiarity with real estate accounting software, such as MRI is helpful
- Must have ability to travel to various property locations with own vehicle
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, guests and the general public.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the colleague is regularly required to use hands, handle, or feel and talk and hear. The colleague frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.