Hotel General Ledger Accountant
Hospitality | Walnut Creek, CA | Full Time
Hall Equities Group is a privately held management firm located in easily accessible offices in downtown Walnut Creek. Our company is team-oriented and high energy. We have an immediate opening for a Hotel General Ledger Accountant in our hospitality division.
Our organization consists of several management companies. Our property management company oversees a diversified portfolio of client-owned real estate properties, including holdings in the Retail, Multi-Family Residential, Office, and Industrial markets. Separately, we have a hospitality management company (ZMC Hotels) which operates a high-growth chain of hotels across the United States. Finally, our newest venture involves the management of a sports complex which provides specialty high-performance athletic training.
General Ledger Accountant is responsible for overall accounting and reporting for a portfolio of assigned hotels including daily revenue postings, month-end close, bank reconciliations and GL account reconciliations. Including accurately maintaining all hotel on hand cash and banking transactions; maintaining records for all accounts payable transactions; maintaining records for all accounts receivable transactions; maintaining records and data for the hotel's operating performance. Prepares monthly financial statements with significant and frequent interaction with the hotel’s staff and management. The following reflects management's definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Ensure day to day revenue is accurately posted for hotel operations
- Verify all Night Audit reports and balances/Reconcile and process charges
- Ensure proper cash handling procedures are in place and followed. Manage due backs, change requests, and assignment of cash bank as necessary
- Ensure accuracy of monthly P&L, including revenues, expenses and capital expenses as necessary
- Reconcile all receivable accounts to general ledger including city ledger, guest ledger, credit cards receivable account, gift certificates, returned checks, and others as necessary
- Verify that all monthly expenses are recorded accurately in accordance with budget
Reconcile monthly all general ledger accounts
- Post non-receivable cash receipts such as employee purchases, AP refunds and inter-company transactions
- Complete monthly bank reconciliations
- Prepare monthly financial reporting packages within designated deadlines
QUALIFICATIONS - EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience; or five to seven years related experience and/or training.
Hotel Accounting Experience. Working knowledge of Hotel accounting software packages such as M3, Profit Vue, others.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge and proficient in the usage of computers, especially Microsoft Suite (i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Can effectively respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public.
- Must be organized and can meet deadlines while multi- tasking.
- Must be a self-starter able to develop specific goals and plans to prioritize and accomplish your work.
- Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully.
- Can write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with accounting team members, hotel staff and management
We offer a competitive compensation package with benefits, 401(k), bonuses, etc., to be tailored to the skills, experience, and contribution of the candidate. For immediate consideration, please e-mail your Please include the phrase “General Ledger Accountant” in the title of your e-mail.
Principals only. Recruiters may not contact this job poster. Please, no phone calls about this job.
Hall Equities Group / ZMC Hotels is an EEO/AA/Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veterans Employee