COPA | Walnut Creek, CA | Full Time
Who We Are
COPA Soccer Training Center (COPA STC) is a 110,000 sqft state-of-the-art soccer training and fitness facility in the Shadelands SportsMall in Walnut Creek, California. COPA STC utilizes the world’s most advanced training and assessment technology, leading sports science techniques, and proven training methodologies to develop an objective and quantitative approach to the assessment and development of athletes. Our elite level coaching staff leverages objective data to develop the technical, physical, and cognitive aspects of an athlete.
By bringing training and assessment technology exclusively used by the world’s top clubs and players to grassroots development, COPA STC strives to provide a fun, dynamic, and research-based environment for soccer players of all ages and abilities to develop and thrive as athletes and as human beings.
We are passionate about high-performance living and the future of soccer in the United States. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within themselves and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don’t settle for the status quo. We aren’t just a company; we are a community that is committed to growth and success. We value humility and a team-centered approach to responsibilities at every level of the company. If you are a high-performing individual who is passionate about inspiring others, then consider COPA STC’s exciting career opportunities.
Job Overview / Position Description
COPA STC is seeking a Hardware Manager. The Hardware Manager will report to the Director of Hardware and assist in the repair and preventative maintenance of COPA STC’s facility and world class training technology. No soccer or athletic background required for this job function.
Maintain/ repair/ improve all COPA devices and facility. Assist property managers with SportsMall building and grounds.
- Complete daily maintenance tasks on all devices.
- Inspect all COPA STC technology devices for proper operation and safety.
- Collaborate and assist the I.T. staff, sub-contractors, vendors.
- Standards and Quality Control: Ensure all safety equipment is operational. Check building for any hazards that would affect guests and staff.
- Respond to radio requests for technology assistance/repairs/device failures. Urgent in-the-moment firefighting.
Weekly and Bi-Weekly
- Complete weekly maintenance tasks on all devices.
- Execute the process of reporting and correcting all hardware and software work tickets.
- Install new parts or upgrades to devices.
Monthly and Quarterly
- Inspect and take corrective action to all plumbing.
- Inspect and take corrective action to all electrical.
- Inspect and take corrective action to all lighting and controls.
- Inspect and take corrective action to all HVAC controls.
As Needed or Ongoing
- Painting. Walls/ lids/ equipment.
- Replace: Flooring. Turf, VCT, thresholds.
- Replace hardware.
- Documentation: Record and document repairs, upgrades.
- Teamwork: Assist in all other facets of the business as self-identified, as needed or instructed by the Hardware Director and/or General Manager.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Problem solving, adaptability and decision making.
- A constant strive for best practice as is relates to curriculums, customer / athlete experience, staff training and development as well technology integration and purposeful use.
- Ability to work under pressure, meeting deadlines and working simultaneously on multiple projects in an ever advancing start up.
- High attention to detail and organizational processes that a program runs on.
- Competent in beginning electrical, plumbing, HVAC, mechanical.
- Advanced beginner level understanding of Building Maintenance and Best Construction practices.
- 5+ years construction, facility repair, and/or building maintenance.
- Must have a basic understanding of characteristics associated with electric motors, wiring harness, mechanical operations, and fasteners / connections for all.
- Evening & weekend work as needed by the program operations.
This job description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with the position; and will be reviewed by Management periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Management reserves the right to modify duties as deemed necessary.
We offer a competitive compensation package with benefits, 401(k), bonuses, health care, etc., to be tailored to the skills, experience, and contribution of the candidate. For immediate consideration, please reply to this ad with your cover letter and resume. Principals only, no phone calls please.
It is the policy of Hall Equities Group to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status about public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, the Company will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.