Engineering | Walnut Creek, CA | Full Time
COPA Innovation Laboratories’ mission is to create athletic training facilities, methodologies, and technologies designed to bring a quantitative and objective approach to athletic talent development, with an emphasis on soccer. Assessment based training is made possible by benchmarking key metrics, which are established using tools designed to create actionable quantitative data. COPA is leading the way in assessment-based training, and the technology platforms that support this mission.
We are looking for talented engineers who also have a passion for Soccer, want to push technology, and want to be part of this process. This will make athletes and trainers more effective and open brand-new ways of thinking about talent development in the sport of soccer.
- Work with other engineering team members to improve the product design of athletic training equipment to the consumer product level developing electrical controls & requirements
- Design, program, and build robust cost-effective electrical control & automation systems for athletic training equipment that operate by remote control & software
- Responsible for electrical design documentation, creating manufacturing drawings/cable cut lists & BOMs, wiring schematics, cost estimation & developing tools for manufacturing
- Simplify & standardize electro-mechanical components, mechanisms, parts, & sub-assemblies to facilitate manufacturability and remain within cost constraints
- Assess, maintain, and debug new & existing prototype machines focusing on reliability testing and demonstrate iterative improvements on the way to production
- Establish the supply chain by working with manufacturing partners & in-house fabrication to support component & prototype builds
- Perform engineering analysis in sizing components (breakers, cables, [SH1] LEDs, power supplies, batteries, etc)
- Be able to travel to Walnut Creek, CA
- BS in Electrical engineering or equivalent practical experience
- PLC and Industrial automation experience (Actuators and Servos)
- Experience in developing controls & automation in commercial products
- Experience with Solidworks [SH2]
- 2+ years of experience
- Knowledge of Electrical Engineering and design principles
- Printed Circuit Board development
- Experience with manufacturing and manufacturing processes
[SH1]What electrical components need to be sized in the other soccer equipment?
[SH2]Is this a requirement for Electrical Engineer? Is AutoCAD more appropriate software?