Director of Operations
COPA | Walnut Creek, CA | Full Time
Who We Are
COPA Soccer Training Center (COPA STC) is a 110,000 sqft state-of-the-art soccer training and fitness facility in the Shadelands SportsMall in Walnut Creek, California. COPA STC utilizes the world’s most advanced training and assessment technology, leading sports science techniques, and proven training methodologies to develop an objective and quantitative approach to the assessment and development of athletes. Our elite level coaching staff leverages objective data to develop the technical, physical, and cognitive aspects of an athlete.
By bringing training and assessment technology exclusively used by the world’s top clubs and players to grassroots development, COPA STC strives to provide a fun, dynamic, and research-based environment for soccer players of all ages and abilities to develop and thrive as athletes and as human beings.
We are passionate about high-performance living and the future of soccer in the United States. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within themselves and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don’t settle for the status quo. We aren’t just a company; we are a community that is committed to growth and success. We value humility and a team-centered approach to responsibilities at every level of the company. If you are a high-performing individual who is passionate about inspiring others, then consider COPA STC’s exciting career opportunities.
Job Overview / Position Description
COPA STC is currently seeking an operations guru. The Director of Operations is ultimately responsible to deliver a world class experience to everyone that walks into the front door - whether it is a four year old’s first time playing soccer or one of the many pros that train at COPA STC such as Alex Morgan. To succeed, this individual will need to be meticulously organized, possess extraordinary communication skills, an expert at planning, and problem solve with the best of them. In this high impact, high visibility role you will be responsible for the efficient and effective delivery of all Operations across COPA STC.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Director of Operations is the executive leader of all operational functions. Responsibilities and essential job functions including but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for delivering world class service in alignment with COPA STC’s revenue, cost, and quality objectives. The Director of Operations will lead their team to plan, budget, and execute the Operations strategy and report the outcomes regularly to the General Manager.
- The Director of Operations will have primary responsibility for facility management by collaborating cross functionally with program leadership to prepare and direct the daily, weekly and monthly facility and operations schedule and staffing assignments. Leading the overall management and strategic direction of the business and support all departments in the achievement of operational targets. You will manage a team to optimize and execute customer billing and scheduling, member relations and customer service, facility scheduling, facility front and back of house operations, facility and technology maintenance, documentation, and employee onboarding.
- You will become maniacal in identifying trends in the business that can be leveraged to drive continued improvements to the customer experience and cost structure.
- Develop solutions where systems, processes, technology, and automation can lead to a repeatable, efficient, effective, and scalable operations strategy.
- Recruit, hire, onboard, develop, and retain a fully engaged and talented workforce. Responsible for the performance management of Operations employees ensuring the continuous improvement of employee performance.
- Support the General Manager in the overall management and strategic direction of the business, assuming the responsibilities of the General Manager in their absence.
- Consistently offer professional, friendly, and engaging service. Maintain product and service quality standards to exceed customer expectations.
- Assume responsibility for risk management throughout the facility.
- Champion employee engagement and promote a collaborative and inclusive environment where all employees are encouraged to provide input.
- Expect to get your hands dirty working side by side with management and hourly employees.
Characteristics and Requirements
- The Director of Operations must be an excellent communicator with superior analytical, planning, and organizational skills, capable of effective collaboration and delegation, as well as have strong leadership skills when managing projects. Perhaps most importantly, the Director of Operations must excel in growing and developing people.
- Expertise in problem solving and firefighting in real time.
- You have exemplary personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics. You thrive in a fast-growing, flat organizational structure and are motivated and disciplined to work effectively autonomously. You are driven to exceed expectations and you thrive in a fast-paced, growth, and ambiguous environment.
- Ability to work under pressure, meeting deadlines and working simultaneously on multiple projects in an ever advancing start up.
- An individual who can bring diverse perspectives together towards advancing consensus (i.e. an improved program). Always in search of best practice.
- Team focused leader who can pull a group together and funnel ambition towards impact.
- Evening & weekend work as needed by the program operations
Primary Daily, Weekly, Monthly Responsibilities
- Oversee all COPA STC Operations.
- Collaborate with programs leadership to prepare the daily and weekly facility schedule for all of COPA STC operations a minimum of 2 weeks in advance.
- Responsible to produce the Daily Sheets
- Engage in agile and in the moment firefighting to control and optimize facility utilization and management.
- Execute monthly billing audit.
- Create and manage facility management offerings and schedule on facility scheduling software, Point of Sale, and internal documents.
- Manage the following departments – Facility, Customer Experience, Hardware, IT, and Documentation/Onboarding.
- Manage all purchasing requests and monthly Purchasing Card reconciliation.
- Additional tasks as directed by the General Manager.
This job description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with the position; and will be reviewed by Management periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Management reserves the right to modify duties as deemed necessary.
We offer a competitive compensation package with benefits, 401(k), bonuses, health care, etc., to be tailored to the skills, experience, and contribution of the candidate. For immediate consideration, please reply to this ad with your cover letter and resume. Principals only, no phone calls please.
It is the policy of Hall Equities Group to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status about public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, the Company will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.