Customer Service Representative - Self Storage
Propety Management | Walnut Creek, CA | Full Time
We are a locally owned and operated self-storage facility looking for a full-time experienced Customer Service Representative ideally with Self-Storage experience. We provide a professional work environment with an upbeat and positive team of people focused on providing great customer service and superior storage facilities.
The successful applicant will have a cheerful, “can do” spirit, will be able to take direction well, and will enjoy assisting our tenants. Skills should include computer literacy, multi-tasking, telephone etiquette, attention to detail, and excellent interpersonal skills. The person we are seeking will be dependable and easygoing, will possess a professional manner, and will take pride in their work as a member of our team.
Duties will include showing prospective customers the facility, leasing units, retail sales of moving supplies, accepting payments, and end-of-day close, vacation relief coverage during managers’ vacations; some flexibility in scheduling is required.
- Lease and market storage units to keep facility occupied at optimum levels
- Assist with coordination of property maintenance, and preventive maintenance programs
- Prepare and compile information for market surveys and competitive rate analysis report
- Assist with the handling of delinquencies and collections
- Administration of leases, vendor contracts, and other agreements associated with the facility
- Report directly to the on-site property manager
- Be available to assist and provide backup to other team members, as needed
- Clean units as vacated, hallways, and grounds as needed
- Clean office and restrooms regularly, which requires mopping, wiping, and sweeping
- Monitor accurate merchandise inventory and restock merchandise for sale in office area
Provide outstanding customer service including assessing and resolving customer problems in a timely manner
- 2 Years’ experience in retail/customer service (Experience in the self-storage industry is a +)
- General knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy are absolutely required.
- Strong organizational skill and effective interpersonal skills must be demonstrated.
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude.
- Valid Driver’s License with current auto insurance.
YOU WOULD BE A GREAT FIT FOR OUR TEAM IF YOU ARE:
- Welcoming, friendly & professional on the phone, face-to-face, and through email.
- Willing and able to work weekends and/or evenings.
- Capable of learning and using new computer software.
- Comfortable making collection calls to delinquent tenants.
- Always willing to go above and beyond.
We offer a competitive compensation package with benefits, 401(k), bonuses, health care, paid time off, etc., to be tailored to the skills, experience, and contribution of the candidate. For immediate consideration, please reply to this ad with your cover letter and resume. Principals only, no phone calls please.
It is the policy of Hall Equities Group to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status about public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, the Company will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.