COPA Technical Director - Training
COPA | Walnut Creek, CA | Full Time
COPA Technical Director - Training
Who We Are
COPA Soccer Training Center (COPA STC) is a 110,000 sqft state-of-the-art soccer training and fitness facility in the Shadelands SportsMall in Walnut Creek, California. COPA STC utilizes the world’s most advanced training and assessment technology, leading sports science techniques, and proven training methodologies to develop an objective and quantitative approach to the assessment and development of athletes. Our elite level coaching staff leverages objective data to develop the technical, physical, and cognitive aspects of an athlete.
By bringing training and assessment technology exclusively used by the world’s top clubs and players to grassroots development, COPA STC strives to provide a fun, dynamic, and research-based environment for soccer players of all ages and abilities to develop and thrive as athletes and as human beings.
We are passionate about high-performance living and the future of soccer in the United States. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within themselves and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don’t settle for the status quo. We aren’t just a company; we are a community that is committed to growth and success. We value humility and a team-centered approach to responsibilities at every level of the company. If you are a high-performing individual who is passionate about inspiring others, then consider COPA STC’s exciting career opportunities.
Job Overview / Position Description
The Technical Director is ultimately responsible to deliver a world class experience to everyone that participates in our core membership training programs – COPA Kids, COPA Juniors, COPA Train, SpeedLab, COPA Credits and COPA Fit. Whether it is a four-year old’s first time playing soccer or one of the many pros that train at COPA STC such as Alex Morgan, the Technical Director is ultimately responsible for the quality of our product and management of the programs. In this high impact, high visibility role you will be responsible for the efficient and effective delivery of all Operations across our membership training programs at COPA STC.
Oversee all COPA Membership Training Operations including but not limited to the following:
- Optimization of Products and Services: Simply put – create the best possible products and services and maintain a perpetual desire for improvement. Responsible for the overall product and services offered by our core membership training offerings – COPA Kids, COPA Juniors, COPA Train, SpeedLab, and COPA Fit, and COPA Credits.
- Quality Control: Ultimately responsible for ensuring high standards of the ‘COPA Experience’ is achieved across all membership programs. Setting, maintaining, and managing the coaching standards and operational strategy. Developing and implementing best practices to maximize the effectiveness of our coaching.
- Curriculum: Collaborate with program managers to design, document, implement and advance an innovative, research proven, purposeful, and progressive curriculum within COPA STC’s available training spaces and technologies that align with the mission and methodology of COPA STC.
- Methodology, Vision, and Philosophies: Ensure methodology is streamlined across all training programs to create a synergetic COPA ecosystem. Deliver on the vision of leveraging data to create an objective and quantitative approach to development.
- Feedback Loop: Creating, implementing, and managing the regular quantitative and qualitative feedback loop for all COPA athletes.
- Technology, Data and Assessments: Work with the Head of Software/IT to advance the integration of purposeful and useful technology into the COPA STC eco-system and effectively implement data presentation strategies to members and coaches to educate the value proposition of COPA STC. In coordination with the Data Scientist and Program Leadership, develop a quantitative approach to assessments that align with appropriate and valid sport science approaches as well as an efficient business model.
- Growth & Outreach Strategies: Lead, implement, and approve growth initiatives and marketing messaging efforts with the Business Development and Productions team. Assist in sales related functions such as creating and executing demo’s for prospective members and educating customers, teams, clubs, organizations through on-site, off-site, and virtual presentations. Manage and acquire strategic partnerships with other forward thinking organizations, products, curriculum providers, software, and technologies.
- Process Creation and Documentation: Collaborate with key leadership to develop, document, and implement processes and protocols to optimize all membership programs efficiency and effectiveness while simultaneously creating the foundation for a scalable business.
- Recruiting, Hiring, and Staff Management: Execute the staffing processes - Recruit, hire, train, manage, schedule, develop, and retain a high-quality team of leaders. Oversee the staffing processes within each program.
- Budgeting: Overseeing each program’s budget management. Ensuring each program is effectively managing payroll, expenses, and revenues to meet the financial goals of the program.
- Performance Reviews: Provide a comprehensive performance review to each direct report with verbal and written documentation.
- Coaching and Manager on Duty: Covering coaching and manager on duty assignments as needed.
- Teamwork: Assist in all other facets of the business as self-identified, as needed or instructed by the General Manager.
Excellent communication and presentation skills.
Problem solving, adaptability and decision making.
A constant strive for best practice as is relates to curriculums, customer / athlete experience, staff training and development as well technology integration and purposeful use.
Team focused leader who can pull a group together and funnel ambition towards impact.
Ability to work under pressure, meeting deadlines and working simultaneously on multiple projects in an ever advancing start up.
An individual who can bring diverse perspectives together towards advancing consensus (i.e. an improved program). Always in search of best practice.
High attention to detail and organizational processes that a program runs on.
Expert level understanding of individual skill development as it relates to youth through adult athletes.
5+ years of business experience required. Experience starting your own successful business and/or working in a fast paced and successful start-up is a big plus.
5+ years in managing and developing a team of direct reports.
Credentialed in or with considerable experience in football (licenses) and research (exercise science, data or similar topics)
10+ years coaching youth athletes.
Proven experience in managing, understanding and in the utilization of technology related to training performance.
Proven experience in developing others to their coaching potential, through strategic methods. Managing a team of coaches a big plus.
Proven ability to deliver well organized and thoughtful documentation as needed for program operations, curriculum, growth, staff development and job aides.
Proven ability to implement the use of efficient and effective processes, protocols and software’s to enhance the business efficiencies.
Evening & weekend work as needed by the program operations
This job description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with the position; and will be reviewed by Management periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Management reserves the right to modify duties as deemed necessary.
We offer a competitive compensation package with benefits, 401(k), bonuses, health care, etc., to be tailored to the skills, experience, and contribution of the candidate. For immediate consideration, please reply to this ad with your cover letter and resume. Principals only, no phone calls please.
It is the policy of Hall Equities Group to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status about public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, the Company will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.