COPA Play Manager
COPA | Walnut Creek, CA | Full Time
COPA Soccer Training Center (COPA STC) is a state-of-the-art soccer training and fitness facility in the Shadelands SportsMall in Walnut Creek, California. COPA STC utilizes the latest and greatest technology, sports science techniques, and training methodologies to develop all people from young athletes looking to improve their soccer skills, to adults trying to maintain healthy exercise habits.
We are passionate about high-performance living and the future of soccer in the United States. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within themselves and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don’t settle for the status quo. We strive to deliver an unmatched COPA STC experience. We are obsessed with what’s new, what’s now, and what’s next. We aren’t just a company; we are a community that is committed to growth and success. We value humility and a team-centered approach to responsibilities at every level of the company. If you are a high-performing individual who is passionate about inspiring others, then consider COPA STC’s exciting career opportunities.
The COPA Play Manager will be responsible for the growth and development of leagues, tournaments, and open play within COPA STC. Utilizing 110,000 square feet of turf/futsal and technology driven training spaces, the opportunities are endless – from soccer leagues to world class technology-based tournaments, to dodgeball and spike ball leagues. The primary focus of this role is to start a business unit from scratch, including sales, staffing, and program operations, while delivering a great customer experience within our various offerings. The manager will ensure a clean and effective registration process, through to the execution of the events with proper staffing, a deliberate approach to a positive experience, and managing any conflicts that may arise during the event.
- Build organic relationships with clubs, coaches, and managers to grow the business unit.
- Interview, supervise, train, manage, and facilitate the onboarding of all COPA Play staff.
- Oversee the operations of all COPA Play programs.
- Grow COPA Play’s offerings and awareness in the community and creatively engage with the community to grow the program with specific sales goals.
- Execute on marketing and sales opportunities via digital platforms and direct marketing strategies.
- Work with other program leaders to support the growth of COPA Play and the facility as whole.
- Manage the program’s budget by closely accounting for labor, equipment, costs, marketing, etc.
- Build schedules for sports leagues and manage the stats, standings, scores, rosters, and any other critical information relating to the program’s dynamic needs.
- Schedule, oversee, and approve timesheets for all COPA Play employees, including but not limited to, referees, maintenance, check-in staff, etc.
- Grow and Develop COPA’s league management software and website with information concerning the leagues logistics as well as creative components to set COPA apart.
- Understand and uphold league standards as well as expectations relating to violation of rules, conduct, documentation, and any other issues that may arise.
- Build upon already set forth standards and procedures, as well develop and refine new processes to maximize the efficiency and experience while creatively developing ways to grow COPA Play’s database of qualified, ongoing leads.
- Maintain ongoing communication with members and participants of COPA Play programming.
- Maintain high membership conversion ratios through improved program participation.
- Provide leadership and vision in the improvement and development of existing and new innovative sports programs to better meet the needs of members and the community.
- Provide ongoing training for all staff and build a culture amongst the COPA Play program staff.
- Manage the communication to all current participants, potential customers, employees, athletes, coaches, etc.
- Develop ongoing, creative, and effective marketing strategies for all COPA Play offerings
- Responsible for coordinating with managers on the equipment and supplies for the program’s success.
- Participate in company-wide meetings, as well as support all programs at COPA STC when needed.
- Identify and resolve areas of conflict and issues to ensure member satisfaction and efficient operation of the programs.
- Complete additional duties that arise as assigned by the supervisor.
- Years of experience
- Type of experience
- Soft Skills – Above average communication skills, ability to adapt and solve problems effectively and efficiently, strategize and think outside of the box to prevent undesirable situations, willingness to go the extra mile to ensure excellent customer experience.
To be considered for this position please fill out this brief form:
This job description is not intended to be, and should not be, construed as an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with the position; and will be reviewed by management periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. management reserves the right to modify duties as deemed necessary.
We offer a competitive compensation package to be tailored to the skills, experience, and contribution of the candidate. For immediate consideration, please complete career interest form above. Principals only, no phone calls please.
It is the policy of COPA Soccer Training Center to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status about public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, the company will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.