COPA Kids, Senior Manager
COPA | Walnut Creek, CA | Full Time
Who We Are
COPA Soccer Training Center (COPA STC) is a 110,000 sqft state-of-the-art soccer training and fitness facility in the Shadelands SportsMall in Walnut Creek, California. COPA STC utilizes the world’s most advanced training and assessment technology, leading sports science techniques, and proven training methodologies to develop an objective and quantitative approach to the assessment and development of athletes. Our elite level coaching staff leverages objective data to develop the technical, physical, and cognitive aspects of an athlete.
By bringing training and assessment technology exclusively used by the world’s top clubs and players to grassroots development, COPA STC strives to provide a fun, dynamic, and research-based environment for soccer players of all ages and abilities to develop and thrive as athletes and as human beings.
We are passionate about high-performance living and the future of soccer in the United States. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within themselves and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don’t settle for the status quo. We aren’t just a company; we are a community that is committed to growth and success. We value humility and a team-centered approach to responsibilities at every level of the company. If you are a high-performing individual who is passionate about inspiring others, then consider COPA STC’s exciting career opportunities.
Job Overview / Position Description
COPA Kids provides a fun and encouraging environment for children between the ages of 18 months to 6 years old to strengthen their cognitive abilities, develop their locomotor skills, learn to play soccer, and build self-confidence through exciting games and activities.
The COPA Kids Senior Manager is the most senior leader of the COPA Kids vertical and is ultimately responsible for everything related to the operation and growth of the program. The COPA Kids Senior Manager reports to the Technical Director and manages a large team of coaches and support staff.
Oversee all COPA Kids Operations including but not limited to the following:
Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly, Annually, and Ongoing
- Standards and Quality Control: Regularly evaluate and improve the program, the athlete experience, the standards of coaching, the appropriate use of technology and adherence to set standards.
- Curriculum: Collaborate with the Technical Director to design, document, implement and advance an innovative, research proven, purposeful, and progressive curriculum within COPA STC’s available training spaces and technologies that align with the mission and methodology of COPA STC.
- Methodology: Ensure methodology is streamlined across all aspects of the program.
- Technology and Data: Work with Technical Director & Head of Software/IT to advance the integration of purposeful and useful technology into the COPA STC eco-system and effectively implement data presentation strategies to members and coaches.
- Program Operations: Ensure operating schedules, groups, staff assignments, athlete assignments, peer groups, and space utilization are 100% accurate for programs spaces. Clear and timely communication with operations team is required.
- Feedback Loop: Overseeing and managing the regular quantitative and qualitative feedback loop for all COPA Kids athletes.
- Communication and Collaboration: Timely internal and external communication with team members and customers. Collaborate with the Technical Director, Director of Operations, and General Manager to develop processes to create a repeatable and scalable operation.
- Coaching and Management: Coach a minimum of 10 hours per week. Effectively manage a large team of coaches and support staff.
- Recruiting, Hiring, and Staff Management: Execute the staffing processes - Recruit, hire, train, schedule, manage payroll, develop, and retain a high-quality coaching staff.
- Performance Reviews: Provide a quarterly comprehensive performance review to each COPA Kids coach and direct report with a verbal and written documentation.
- Budgeting: Managing payroll, expenses, and revenues to meet the financial goals of the program. Manage payroll, provide bi-weekly reports to the General Manager, and utilize reporting tools to assess dollar spend and adherence of budget.
- Growth & Outreach Strategies: Lead, implement, and approve growth initiatives and messaging of marketing efforts with the Business Development and Productions team. Assist in sales related functions such as demo’s for prospective members and educating customers through on-site, off-site, and virtual presentations. Manage and acquire strategic partnerships with external organizations such as schools, mommy groups, daycare, etc.
- Documentation: Record and document the necessary protocols and strategies needed for the program to operate.
- Teamwork: Assist in all other facets of the business as self-identified, as needed or instructed by the Technical Director and/or General Manager.
- Self-motivated, ambitious, and creative individual that exudes passion for developing young athletes.
- An excellent communicator with superior analytical, planning, and organizational skills, capable of effective collaboration and delegation, as well as have strong leadership skills when managing projects. Perhaps most importantly, the COPA Kids Senior Manager must excel in growing and developing people.
- A constant strive for best practice as is relates to curriculums, customer / athlete experience, staff training and development.
- You have exemplary personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics. You thrive in a fast-growing, flat organizational structure and are motivated and disciplined to work effectively autonomously. You are driven to exceed expectations and you thrive in a fast-paced, growth, and ambiguous environment.
- Ability to work under pressure, meeting deadlines and working simultaneously on multiple projects in an ever advancing start up.
- Team focused leader who can pull a group together and funnel ambition towards impact.
- Expert level understanding of holistic youth development.
- 5+ years coaching youth athletes.
- 5+ years of business experience required. Experience starting your own successful business and/or working in a fast paced and successful start-up is a big plus.
- 5+ years in managing and developing a team of direct reports. Proven experience in developing others to their coaching potential, through strategic methods. Managing a team of coaches is a big plus.
- Credentialed in or with considerable experience in teaching, development, football (licenses) and/or research (exercise science, data or similar topics)
- Proven ability to deliver well organized and thoughtful documentation as needed for program operations, curriculum, growth, staff development and job aides.
- Proven ability to implement the use of efficient and effective processes, protocols, and software’s to enhance business efficiencies.
- Evening & weekend work as needed by the program operations
This job description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with the position; and will be reviewed by Management periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Management reserves the right to modify duties as deemed necessary.
We offer a competitive compensation package with benefits, 401(k), bonuses, health care, etc., to be tailored to the skills, experience, and contribution of the candidate. For immediate consideration, please reply to this ad with your cover letter and resume. Principals only, no phone calls please.
It is the policy of Hall Equities Group to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status about public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, the Company will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.